When do you go to a fast xfi system??

You don;t need a fancy laptop anything that uses windows XP and has some have decent speed works well. A good feature with the XFI you can monitor your cam sync to predict when you need to look at the timing chain for issues. Also you can can do closed loop warmup, which you can t do on a stock ECU....

I know nothing about pcs whats considered.decent? Using same.one I.use for pl? Or need more speed than pl

Reggie, I am on the bubble with XFI, but I just picked up that Gen 2 MAF kit, There is no way I could install... I might just dump it and get the XFI for 1900

For the quick screen shots I saw of xfi it seems.harder to read than pl,but maybe thats bc it reads everything at once with pl.u have to.click on.graph to change option?

This is what I use for pl. Seems like.it should be good? I plan on getting the sm so.I can monitor knock. Around xmas I will be ordering. Im just going to do.it.. of course I have to order.from.Cal.
20131118_082053.jpg

Man, I wish I had the money for this right now. After using HP Tuners on LS motors going to TT chip with a Gen 2 translator is soooo archaic. I also have Powerlogger and a WB02. It gets me by though. Maybe I'll look into this next year if it goes on sale and sell off my current intake, MAF, PowerLogger, and chip. I really want to go SD one day.

well mind made up just posted old stuff now i have no choice lol. Talk to you in december Cal :) :D

I am going to be making this move, i just can't dish out the $$$ just yet.
I have one last thing to do for now and see how that goes.

Maxed out my mass air flow meter so I have no choice but to go to a stand alone ECM... Looking into Fast xfi as well as Holly dominator

Nice! That's moving some air with a modern MAF and all.

Yea... We put a Gen2 on and had more tuning capabilities and it really woke things up but at 16psi WOT it just shuts down after 2-3sec so time to move on away from that set up.

How many ponies are you pushing? Limited87 went 9.75 with a stock MAF and factory ECM. His car was making an easy 650 to the rear wheels. He is now XFI and prob over 700rwhp now. I think his new best is 9.54

How many ponies are you pushing? Limited87 went 9.75 with a stock MAF and factory ECM. His car was making an easy 650 to the rear wheels. He is now XFI and prob over 700rwhp now. I think his new best is 9.54

I don't know him or his cars setup but as everyone says everybody's car is different. I haven't dyno'd my car lately but I'm sure my hp level is up there. Did he state why he switched, did he have the same problem that I'm having?

I don't know him or his cars setup but as everyone says everybody's car is different. I haven't dyno'd my car lately but I'm sure my hp level is up there. Did he state why he switched, did he have the same problem that I'm having?
His car was in GM High Tech magazine last summer. It's a chestnut gold Limited. He switched because it was the next stage in the journey...