When did you first spot one?

First one I saw was at kuntner Buick in Ne Phila. Dont know the number but do know the paint was crappy. It sat there until the late summer of 1988. The sticker price was 31,000. The first one I saw on the street was when my buddy worked at a sunoco gas station and one would pull in to get gas once a week. I dont know if it was the same car but do know it was daily driven.

First time I saw a GNX was in late 1987 in Warner Robins, GA. I was cruising by in my 86 GN and saw it waiting at a red light at a major intersection. I think I about broke my neck turning while driving to get a closer look at that car! Clearly saw the wheels, flares, and vents. I kept going and didn't turn around to see if I could find it/ him. Never saw it again or met the owner though I did hear that it was owned by a high ranking AF Officer stationed at Robins AFB. He also was said to own a GN too. Not sure if he's there anymore? That was the only time I actually saw one on the street outside of a Meet or Nationals.

Back in the early 90's we used t stree race ( not that i will d it again) in brooklyn. Falton Ave. There was this guy used to come down and hang out. He never raced it he had a vett that went low tens for those that wanted to play with him. Always got the impression he was on the wrong side of the law. Nise car every once and a while he would do a burn out and the rear of the car would lift. Never noticed the number.

eric

When I lived in Fayetteville NC, someone drove one to the PDX car show in Spring Lake. Didn't know enough about them back then (2007) to have thought to have saw what number it was.

Ph vrod

I was driving my 85 GN in the summer of 1990. It was a nice sunny day out and I had the T Tops Out.
I was heading East on Highway 70.
Even back then you didn't see the cars everyday. Coming towards me in the West Bound lane was another Grand National. I smiled as we passed but then I noticed that it looked quite a bit different. It had a different stance~fender flares~vents and awesome rims.
Then the kid driving it stepped on it.
I heard there was a bad ass GN that was made and I just knew I had seen it!

I always wondered about that car but never seen it again.

As the years went by I parked my 85 until spring of 2008.I remember the rims of the Gnx and wanted to buy some to put on my 85. Instead I bought the whole car from a seller on the East coast.It was my 40TH birthday present to myself. I never seen the car until it pulled out of a Trailer at my driveway. Ill never forget the rumble and watching it back out. My wife recorded it all! It was my first time seeing one in person.
I did find out the car I seen back in 1990 belonged to a Guy and his son would drive it a lot...numbered in the 80'S I believe. Mine is #148. Now when I take it out I've got people. Telling me its the first GNX they have ever seen.

I still have yet to see one in person...damnit. The first I saw one in action on TV was the "American Muscle Car" show spot on the GN/T-type/GNX. A truely great show!

My first meeting at OKBuicks in fall of 2000, a guy showed up a GNX he had just acquired. If I remember correctly, he bought it locally from a Doc that was a car collector and a good friend of his dad's. Don't know price but the mileage was under 50 miles, 37 rings a bell. He sold the car not too long afterwards.

We still have 2 in our club and one lives a couple of miles from me. They are both still stock, driven regularly and raced at Noble Shootout every year. Got a ride home once in one when my GN broke at the track.

I saw the same car at the same dealer.... Now all they have over their on the floor is a Miata! Sad Sad!

I don't recall the number off hand. I was roughly 13 years old at the time. But the first one I ever saw was in the showroom of the local Buick dealership in Monroe, LA. It shared the floor with a REALLY nice GSX clone. I tried to get my parents to buy it. Coulda got the car for $150 over invoice. But alas, it didn't happen. :(

I saw the same car at the same dealer.... Now all they have over their on the floor is a Miata! Sad Sad!

My first was #001 at GS Nationals in bowling green, ky. I believe it was in 92 or 93? It was stunning it was the same feeling when I saw megan fox in transformers! I didn't want to take my eyes off of her. I remember it had the ASC plate on the front and was perfect.

In the lowes parking lot in Burlington nc.

The guy was loading potting soil in the trunk.

It was Richard Clark.

The first one I saw was in the other lane at the street races in FL in about 1991. I had a 86 GN that ran 12.20's at the time and he beat me by about 2 cars. It was bascially stock with the ole NOS nitrous system that came with a new uppipe and it had black steel wheels on the back with McCreary soft dirt track tires. For the younger guys this was before drag radials were invented and the dirt track tires were common then on the street and at the track and worked quite well! I think the car ran 11.80ish at the track on the spray. Not sure what number it was but was later for sale in Jacksonville FL for $22500 in about 94.