When did you fall in love with a Turbo Buick

April of 86, when I purchased my first GN, a 1982 1/2 turbo GN. I didn't even know what I had until it was stolen later thet year , recovered, totaled and never seen her again. Then I bought my 86 and had it for 17 years. Sold it, bought a couple of other muscle cars and 2 years ago, traded my Mustang for my 87 Turbo "T". Back where I have always belonged. "GOING FAST WITH CLASS"

In mid 90s I was in love with Irocs. G bodies were 2nd place to me. When I talked with car guys this Grand National car kept coming up, but I never new what it was. They just mentioned it like it was super fast, unbeatable, and not affordable. In high school we were checking out an Iroc in the parking lot, a teacher real into racing drove by in his 87 and I almost broke my neck when I saw it. He stopped so we could check it out. Best education I ever got! I have been hooked ever since. A month after graduating college, I tracked down a we4.

April of 86, when I purchased my first GN, a 1982 1/2 turbo GN. I didn't even know what I had until it was stolen later thet year , recovered, totaled and never seen her again. Then I bought my 86 and had it for 17 years. Sold it, bought a couple of other muscle cars and 2 years ago, traded my Mustang for my 87 Turbo "T". Back where I have always belonged. "GOING FAST WITH CLASS"

Man, that's a real bummer. :mad: I think only about a dozen turbo 82 GN's were ever made.

September of 1983. Saw a black Regal at the dealership and the hood bulge caught my attention. Cruised by a few more times to check it out and saw the fender emblems. Would be 1985 before I started really seeing them driving around. Almost like nobody bought the 84's and I LOVED the all black look. A friend got an 85 GN for early graduation and I wound up owning that car in 11/97

Summer of '86 I was washing cars at the local Buick dealer in town after school. A local physician who was a friend of my father's ordered a new one and when the transport came in, I thought it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen (next to my wife if she reads this).

When he came to pick up the car, I happened to be working and he requested I go for a ride with him for it's initial "road test". I was hooked! It took another 7 years before I got mine, a white '86 T-type, and I still have it.

That Dr. passed away a couple of years ago, but in his honor, I drove my T-Type in the funeral procession. His family got a kick out of it as they all knew the story behind the car.

Circa 88 or 89, stepfather dating my mother ( I was only 6 or 7 and he told me this story bc i dont remember it). Had his 87 GN with only 13k on it (car still with us/in signature below) and I apparently told some mid 80s Trans Am owner his car would get waxed by my old man's Buick. Guy I guess laughed and old man said even then he could see how much i loved these cars. Well got that one, a Limited and maybe later today a WH1 if it lives up to the owners words. Whether its a love affair, addiction or disease, the Turbo 6 has got me for life! Keep the stories counting. Ps plus numerous times of when i was under 10 and he would take the car out and put it sideways breaking the tires loose at all sorts of speeds. I would remember that b/c my eyes were either fixated on the digital dash or looking up through the astro-roof. And every time we drove the car, he always started to play Bad to the Bone on the casette player. Great memories indeed!

Yeah. I found out about 6 months after that they only made 16 turbos of the 215 produced 1982 1/2 GN's. Saw the car about 8 months later in a parking lot. Pretty beat up. That's ok. I'm happy with my Limited.

I first saw a '84 GN at a car show in Vancouver, BC, (when I was showing my '56 Ford p/u) I loved the Lier Siegler interior (If I remember, I spent alot of time around that car that weekend) A couple of years later, I had got to know the owner very well, thru the numerous car shows and I eventually bought it from him in Sept. 86 with 4000 Km on the odometer! and I owned that one till Sept. 94 and sold with just over 100,000 Km
Unfortunatley, I know where the car is- it is sitting in a carport and is hasen't been driven in at least 6 yrs or longer... :( I've tried to buy it back but he's not budging.

This post comes up every once in awhile and still one of my favorites!

My buddy had a 84 GN and when he pulled up I had to have one just on looks alone. When I turned 16/17 wikedv6 found me a 86 ttype that wasn't running right and no air filter. Anway I remember I took it to work driving home that night around 11pm a mustang pulled up right next to me and started bucking his car(it sounded like it had headers and misc work) We both punched it at the sametime next thing I knew I slammed on my breaks cause I was almost underneath a bus that was litterally felt like a mile away before we raced. Needless to say I blew the doors off the mustang. I was freaked out about the power. I felt like I was a superhero that just discovered his powers and I had to use the power for good :) I'll never forget the guys face in the mustang when they asked "what you got in it" I said "totally stock and its not even running right"...good times.

in 1987 I was in high school & drove a 1970 Chevelle SS396 that had a built 454/400 turbo 3300 stall 411 12 bolt did 12s in Qrt & was used to dusting all new crap(camaros/TAs/Vettes) with no problems then went up against a new 87 GN it dusted me like I was used to dusting cars its year meet the driver & we became friends even swapped cars one night as he had never drove an "Old" muscle car ...Took me 23 years to get my Own GN & funny thing is i swapped a 69 Chevelle SS396 for it & its an 84 cloned/converted to a 87 & cant wait till summer to drive it as much as possable...

Fell in love on the test drive.May of 87.Took the car home,locked in the garage,went back and signed the papers he next day. Easiest sale the salesman ever had I'm sure. Buick used to send me a letter every year saying it's time to trade the old regal in,well they finally gave up,the letters stopped.

In 1994 when i was leaving a race track and was at a stop light. I looked over at a GN and I started to rev my engine (I was in a 89 mustang). The light turned green and a few seconds later i was beat. I wanted one ever since.
I got my frist GN 08

When i went for a ride in my friends 87 GN with a TA-49 in 1992, he hit it with four of us in the car and we went sideways at 25 mph for like 50 ft i was hooked and saved up and bought one 5 years later.

i never really "fell in love" with turbo Buicks. i've always thought that GN's were cool cars with respectable performance out of the box for something from the mid 80's and i've always thought the regal was the cleanest of the G bodies. i only bought mine because it was a smoking deal- $2k for a solid 84 T Type with only 54,000 miles on it that had been parked for 13 years and only needed a head gasket replaced..

I was eleven years old when I saw my first one. We were cutting the front yard and my grandfather said, "Hey bubba, there goes that buick. Just listen to it." The spooling of the turbo sealed the deal. I was in love! I bought my first one when I was 23 years old. I bought my second three years ago.