Wheels

Wht87T

All Throttle... No Bottle
I got the MT's mounted up on 15x8's with 4.5RS. The slick is a little to close to the frame. Probabally half inch between the slick and frame. What size spacers should I use? TIA

John

I can't believe they even fit without rubbing, let alone a 1/2" of backspacing. With an 8" wheel, 3.5-4" is considered ideal, up to 4.35 will work with narrow tires, above that you will likely have frame rub. Get longer studs and use a spacer that is the width of the additional stud length. Around 1/2" will get you into the "ideal" zone.

I was thinking about running bigger wheel studs but that idea went out the window. My old man is gonna use the wheels I have and I'll order up another pair. 3.5RS this time.

John

UNGN

If I were to buy a set of 15x10's what would be the right backspacing?

What size MTs? I run 28x11.50 ETs on 15x8 with 4.5 bs. They slighly rub i use the thinest spacer that MR gasket sells. I also have alum drums, but they rubbed with steels too. I got the rims for a good price hence the BS.

28x10.5 MT's. The wheels I have now are 4" backspacing not 4.5 like I posted originally, and they still rub the frame. I need a wheel with 3.5" backspacing. I'm just wondering if an 8" rim is wide enough? Or should I go with a 10" rim?

Do you guys have any pics of the 28x10 on the 8in rim? Ive been contemplating this combo myself.

28X9 fits even better on 4" bs, 8" rim.....plenty of tire, unless you wanna run 1.3 60's