Wheels, wheels, wheels

b4black

I think wheels more than anything can really change the personality of a car. So I figure I need several sets to keep my car "fresh", and I can rotate them between the '82 GN and '83 T Type.

I picked up these GN steels this weekend:
http://home.flash.net/~rjgeorge/images/893354gn.JPG

Other wheels I've tried can be seen in my signature. I plan to get a set of Buick Turbines and Vectors (86/87 TR wheels). I also have a set of Checkboards from a Monte Carlo that would look great polished.

I haven't found a set of aftermarket rims I like for reasonable money. I might get a set of NASCAR style D-slots. Or Centerline Auto Drags.

:D

Are those lighter than the Cast Aluminum rims that comes on the 83’s?

No, I think I read they a 30 lbs each. :eek: The '83 TR N78 wheels are probably half that, but they are only 14x6's.

The Buick Vectors (86/87 TR) would be a good, light aluminum wheel.

Rich there was a 82.5 at the GS Nats with Weld Pro stars or Draglites I don't remember which but it looked neat too. I'm thinking on doing the same thing to the 82.5 if I get it. I'll try to get you that vin#.

Buick has made a ton of different wheels for the front wheel drive cars and there are several that I like a lot. So the plan is to get a set of wheel adapters to fit the 5 on 115 wheels to the 5 on 4 3/4 pattern hubs and fill up the 2" offset at the same time. Lisa has a 93 Regal and I have several different sets of 16" wheels that would swap back and forth.

I picked up a set of the new/take-off Rendezvous wheels on Ebay for $105. They are spoked wheel sized 16 by 6 1/2. I like 'em.

I have the x-treme S-10 wheels. The 16's really are nice after having 14s for so long, and they fit very well. I have a little problem in the front, because the tires I have are a little taller than they should be.

I just wish that I could find a diffrent centercap for it- Kind of gives me the classic mistaken identity generic G-body problem.
Maybe switch it out for the red GMC ones to really confuse people. Just say it's an extended cab el camino with a hard bed cover-- Hahaha

Originally posted by b4black
I think wheels more than anything can really change the personality of a car. :D

I agree! A Rim/Tire combo can make or brake the looks of a car. Your 83 sure looks sweet with the new rims.

Originally posted by b4black So I figure I need several sets to keep my car "fresh", and I can rotate them between the '82 GN and '83 T Type. :D

Good reasoning there. ;) :D

Hey Brian Mc-I have Pro-Stars on mine and Drag-Lites on my husbands 83 Ts. Check out my web-site......

tonyas-t-type