Wheelie bars

turbodave231

I'm shopping for a set of wheelie bars. Any advice from those who already have them installed? Any pictures to share?

The picture was well before the apex of this wheelstand. Needless to say, I didn't expect this to happen, and it was rather violent.

Attachments

• BF Wheelstand.jpg
    BF Wheelstand.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 962
  • BF wheelstand-II.jpg
    BF wheelstand-II.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,261
i dont have any on my buick but my old car had a long set.the longer sets work much better with good power.they are easier to tune in and dont seem to unload the tires as bad as the short bars

Dave.
I was looking for some and found the Competition Engineering have Bolt and Weld-Ons.

Joe

No info on wheelie bars, but the looks like the rear end it twisted alot under the rear of the car. What do you have for a sway bar? Also, have you tried limiting the front end rise with a positive stop, (cable or bolt) Mabe some chassis tuning and you wont need the weelie bar who knows...

I've used the CE bars on a few 9 second cars and they seem to work fine. Here's a picture of them on my latest project.
3067349_20_full.jpg

Terry,

Yes the chassis looks twisted. I have a custom anti-roll bar installed. I did some tuning on the bar. Your recommendation on travel limiters is very good....... and part of my plan. I don't want to test off the T-brake without wheelie bars. Long term plan is to tune the chassis so I don't need them.

The car went 1.38 off the foot-brake. These launches were in the 1.40's with the rear tires breaking the 60' beams!!

Nice lauch Dave!
I can`t wait to see the full version!:biggrin:

Post a link when it shows up!

Brian

p.s., just put some `fridge casters on the bumper!:eek:

Man that looks really good. Now you can work on that suspension with out worring about the landing. Another good screen saver. Can you post some 330 foot times with the suspension like it is and the times once you get it to launch with out the front end coming up so much. I would like to see the difference.

It's not a turbo car, I have a SB in it. 330's are around 4.3's. I don't know if I'll be getting it to settle down much more then it is. I may play with the pinion angle a bit and the front limiters but it's working pretty much how I want it to right now.

It's not a turbo car, I have a SB in it. 330's are around 4.3's. I don't know if I'll be getting it to settle down much more then it is. I may play with the pinion angle a bit and the front limiters but it's working pretty much how I want it to right now.

Do you think the bars are unloading the rear tires? What are your 60's like?

Dave,
what was the 60 foot time on that first wheely you did? I am positive the rear wheels broke the 60 ft' beam, Or may be soom poop dropped through the floor and set it off:eek: .

This photo was snapped on it's way down, you had it much higher:eek: .

Attachments

• dave.jpg
    dave.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 674
Dave,
I watched your car make several of those wheel standing runs. Its my opinion that if you can make the car leave level-control that axle wind, and use some front end travel limiters the car will be more predictable.

If you need wheelie bars after that there are several other things you can do, but at least the 2 above issues are corrected.

Also are you running lower control arms with a relocated pick up point ?

4.3 sec 330?

Your car look like it's leaving like crazy, but the 330 foot seems a little low unless you'r carrying the front end that far.:eek:

Here is some of my time slips so you can compare:
My front end only comes up about 10 inches.

60' 1.569
330' 4.328
1/8 m 6.617

60' 1.541
330' 4.271
1/8 m 6.557

60' 1.465
330' 4.176
1/8 m 6.455