Wheel upgrade

I like C more too! Thinking 17x7 245/45/17 up front and 17x10 out back on toyo drag radial 275/40/17 (have them now) or 315/35/17

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Might want to consider 17x8 up front. That's what I run with a 245/45R17. 4.5" BS.

I like C... I also was considering those wheels for my car.

Okay, is it a big difference in the stance of the car

I think it is just a better size for the 245 tire. I should note, I have Baer brakes on the front, which moves the wheel out about .4"
If you're running stock brakes, you could run a little less backspace (4.25" ??)

I think it is just a better size for the 245 tire. I should note, I have Baer brakes on the front, which moves the wheel out about .4"
If you're running stock brakes, you could run a little less backspace (4.25" ??)

I did the s10 blazer upgrade on the front on my car. Want to have about a 2" lip up front and 3" lip in the back think it would look good

I talk with American racing Wheel about wheel C you today. They told me they have them in stock and the right back space for the 17x10 with the 3" lip would be 5.75. That can't be right is it?

I dont know about yall but i like the 20 or 22 inch rim look especially when the car is a bit lower in the rear . Low pro tires makes the buick look like its skating on rims . :cool::cool:

YUCK!!! You need your head examined.

I talk with American racing Wheel about wheel C you today. They told me they have them in stock and the right back space for the 17x10 with the 3" lip would be 5.75. That can't be right is it?

Only if you plan to run a spacer (about 1" ??)
I run 4.75" bs (with rolled fender lips). I've seen others run up to 5"
You wouldn't even be able to bolt those up :(
Do they have a 4" lip ??

Denell,
If your really planning on putting down the horsepower you said...you need a wheel that will take it. Those fancy, look good wheels are not about putting 100's of horsepower to the ground. They are not engineered for it. That's why they are not in the "Racing" section of the wheel catalog. The larger the diameter of wheel, the weaker the spokes. If you run those...put on tires for daily driving. Change up to your drag radials at the track. I understand 17's are not that big, but those spokes look frail. I've seen more then one rim bend from torque. Make those your daily driver rims.
You also don't want a spacer at the track neither...if it can be helped.

Option C for 100% street use. Are those the Novas? I think they would work on a GN sized at 17" or 18".

Option C for 100% street use. Are those the Novas? I think they would work on a GN sized at 17" or 18".

They are the NV472 Burnout in size 17x7 up front and 17x10 in the back

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I agree with T-CHRGD.... I would go with C.

x2 or x3 etc.

B is definitely out for me - I like the wheels but reminded me of 80's MC wheels like this:

291978_73_full.jpg

Nothing against Monte's - they're fine cars just different animal - an apples vs. oranges thing for me.

I like wheel C... Id do a 17 x 9.5 with a 5" backspace in the rear 17 x 10 always look a tad too wide... If you like your wheels and tires under the car that is....i researched wheels for a year before i purchased... I run a 295 40 17 mickey drag radial Look at the wheel and tire thread and look at the 10" wheels theres maybe only 1 set that looks right...

I like wheel C... Id do a 17 x 9.5 with a 5" backspace in the rear 17 x 10 always look a tad too wide... If you like your wheels and tires under the car that is....i researched wheels for a year before i purchased... I run a 295 40 17 mickey drag radial Look at the wheel and tire thread and look at the 10" wheels theres maybe only 1 set that looks right...

I agree. 10" wide rears look a bit big for a street car. Especially if you are going for the lowered, tucked in look. 10" wide look damn good on a strip car with some fat, tall tires.

I'm going with Wheel C!!!!!! The wheel will have to come with a 5.75 backspace for it to fit the car with the lips size that I want. I will be running a set of 275/40/17 on that back of the car. I like the wide look of the tire on the back of the car. An if need be I can always add a set of GNX fender flares on the back to give it the look a want.

YUCK!!! You need your head examined.

Maybe i do ? ok to be different though. I also like the weld wheels CCW wheels 18's and the pro touring look but i also like this look -- see attached link. Doesn't have to please everyone but looks good to me. My buddy Gabby Rojas car looks sick with the centerlines. I like a bunch of looks for the GN. This is far from ghetto though nice billet aluminum wheels :cool:

http://bonspeedfeaturecar.blogspot.com/2010/09/buick-grand-national-22-sweep-bonspeed.html