Wheel Spacers??

FromaBuick6

When will it end?
Well, I'm not having any luck! I'm looking for a wheel spacer that is 1/4 inch think, aluminum, and is cut in the EXACT bolt pattern of our cars, 5 on 4.75. I've tryed NASCAR supply shops, Summit Racing, Race car parts wholesale, the list goes on and on. Does anyone know of a source to get these without paying a machine shop $40.00 each for them? I got a set of spacers from my local tire and wheel store but I didn't put em on. They looked a little scary to me, they had about 15 oblong holes all in them and they said, "Made in China" stamped on them. I took them back. I'm running 275-50-15 BFG Drag Radials and they rub, ever so lightly, on the frame rails. Any suggestions? - T:mad:

Originally posted by FromaBuick6
They looked a little scary to me, they had about 15 oblong holes all in them and they said, "Made in China" stamped on them. I took them back.

LOL. I have the same problem, so I use a small backspacer too which I bought at Pep Boys. They holes are oblonged like you mentioned. They work, but I dont like them. It is very hard to get the spacer "centered" when you tighten the wheel. If it isnt centered, the wheel will wobble. After you put your spacer on, keep the back wheels off the ground, start the car, and put it in drive to see if the wheels wobble. Just a little safety tip. Take care.

GM 14091902, 3/16 inch thick drilled exactly on wheel studs and hub. Should fix your problem. 10 bucks each.

I use 7/16" universal wheel spacers. I've installed 2" long studs. I have never encountered or heard of any of the problems mentioned above. As long as you've installed longer studs, there is no problem with these spacers.

I E-mailed them

I sent GM parts direct an e-mail on it, I'll let you guys know what I find out. I also plan on calling my local Chevy store tomorrow with the part number and see if they can give me a good description. We'll see! - T

I too have thought about having a set machined for the same reason stated. Please post if anyone finds some that are not slotted.

Originally posted by Bobtempest
I too have thought about having a set machined for the same reason stated. Please post if anyone finds some that are not slotted.

I THOUGHT ABOUT IT TOO. I WANTED TO GO 1/2" ON MY REAR WHEELS. JUST A FEW DAYS AGO I WENT TO SOME TRUCK SITE POSTED HERE ON THE BOARD THAT SELLS MANY TYPES OF WHEEL ADAPTERS. EVERYTHING THEY SHOWED HAD SPACERS WITH LUG STUDS INSTALLED. I GUESS MAKING THIS TYPE OF SPACER,WITH 5 PROPERLY SPACED HOLES, MUST BE ROCKET SCIENCE. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Red Regal T
I GUESS MAKING THIS TYPE OF SPACER,WITH 5 PROPERLY SPACED HOLES, MUST BE ROCKET SCIENCE. :rolleyes:
No, but to the people making it one size fits all makes more sense to their pockets:D

I've got 5/16" spacers on my car (the one size fits all type) and haven't had any problems with them.

I use one Mr Gasket spacer I got @ Discount Auto Parts, works fine. Just be careful when installing.

Yes, one, didn't need it on the other side. :confused:

You have to use some ultra black to glue the slotted ones to the drum in the center -pain in butt. If not centered, your wheel will be out of balance. I have slotted ones in different sizes. I rather have some that fit the bolt pattern.

IROC Spacers from GM?

Read a post on a G-body website just last night where a fellow with a MCSS mentioned he was using the GM spacers off an IROC Camaro, so his rear TA wheels would fit with larger tires.

Fact/Fiction/Part #? :confused:

Fact.
Go up earlier in this post 14091902
i've bought them used them still using them.
Is there a problem?:confused:

Just a thought.

Gentlemen,
I've wrestled with this issue for months, the spacer mentioned above, (Camaro/IROC) part # 14091902 looks like it would work fine, but I personally see two draw backs in my mind: First off it's steel - I wanted aluminum. (Better heat dissipation, doesn't rust, lighter weight, looks pretty). Second, GM parts direct always has a great price on stuff, until you add the shipping and handling. One of the Camaro spacers would end up costing $17.00 after the shipping and handling! For that price I'm probably gonna go ahead and have a local company laser cut some wheel spacers for me, and I'll order some extra sets for anyone that's interested. I already priced them. Right now I'm running a "uniplate" and I start getting nervous any time I get over 60 MPH with it. Let me just put this question out to those interested: If I could get you a pair of Aluminum 1/4 thick wheel spacers, laser cut on the 5 by 4.75 bolt pattern, made out of 6061 Aluminum, delivered to your door for $30.00 to $35.00 would any of you guys be interested? Cause the machining company says if I order at least 25 sets to 50 sets, I can get them for under $15.00 per piece, (a little under $30.00 per set). So, if you're interested shoot an e-mail over to me at TGrant@tampabay.rr.com. Now, please understand, I'm just testing the waters, I didn't actually say I was gonna do it! Thanks and just let me know. - BB
:p