wheel spacer question?

Nice info.

Does anyone here race with "billet wheel adapters" or their only just for cruising?

It depends on how much power your car is making. The adapters would probably be ok on a 12 sec. car, but I wouldn't feel safe by using them on a 10 or 9 sec. car with a trans brake! :eek:

Claude. :smile:

Are these what you guys have and are talking about?

Wheel Adapters 5475-5475HV Wheel Adapter

If so I have a couple questions before I use them. I bought a set of these and am not sure if they are going to be safe and was considering sending them back to exchange for non hub centric cause I would feel better if they fit completely over the axle and flush against the drum. The hub centric ones look to be the correct size and have a 70.3 mm bore. This is the correct bore for a regal right?? When I try them, the adapters will only go on so far and it leaves a slight space but seems significant in between the adapter and drum. Are they supposed to easily go over the axle end and fit up flush against the brake drum or is it normal for them to have a small space/gap in between the drum and the adapter?

Are these what you guys have and are talking about?

Wheel Adapters 5475-5475HV Wheel Adapter

If so I have a couple questions before I use them. I bought a set of these and am not sure if they are going to be safe and was considering sending them back to exchange for non hub centric cause I would feel better if they fit completely over the axle and flush against the drum. The hub centric ones look to be the correct size and have a 70.3 mm bore. This is the correct bore for a regal right?? When I try them, the adapters will only go on so far and it leaves a slight space but seems significant in between the adapter and drum. Are they supposed to easily go over the axle end and fit up flush against the brake drum or is it normal for them to have a small space/gap in between the drum and the adapter?

They should fit tight and flush to the drum. Maybe the studs need to be pressed in further on the adapter? I've used those on a stock GN no problems just cruising around.

what size wheel spacers do i need to push the rear rims out a bit? I have four fronts on the car now, thanks

I Had aluminum wheel spacers on my car and they both failed right away. I got lucky that i for some reason I had to remove the back tires and noticed that ALL 10 studs whir braking through the spacer. I then installed 3 inch long studs onto the axles then i knocked out the stud on the spacer and drilled out the holes so that new studs on the axle would fit easily through them then i installed the wheels back on.
Even though the Stud's package says not to do what i did i founded easier to trust a hardened steel stud over aluminum spacer with studs in it.
BTW i used it this way for over 4 years of DD in NYC's crappy streets and NEVER hurt a stud, or had one come loose or had any thing else go wrong with the Studs or spacers.
Just sharing MY experience
Good luck

They should fit tight and flush to the drum. Maybe the studs need to be pressed in further on the adapter? I've used those on a stock GN no problems just cruising around.

The hole in the center is the limiting factor on the ones in the link. The center hole is 70.3 mm which is what it's supposed to be I believe. Problem is it tapers in to a slightly smaller hole but the length of this area is not long enough for the spacer to go far enough over the end of the axle shaft to fit flush against the drum. I'll try to post some pics of what I'm talking about. The studs are fine. Thinking of going with the non-hubcentric ones instead so they can fit flush or just not going with any at all because they don't seem safe.

This will sound crazy but I have done it before without any issues on my T Type factory rims & ran 12's at least 50 passes without issues so don'y laugh to hard!

I took the thickest washers I could find at home depot & after adding 1/2" studs I put 2 washers on each stud behind the wheel. They fit tight & moved the tires out maybe 1/4" & worked fine for 2 years. Cheap & either I got lucky or it works? I had 1.7 -1.8 60 ft times & a good 50 passes.

I also have some 1/4" or 3/8 spacers from 20 years ago but trust the washers more for some reason. I havent used them in 5 years but same rims are still working fine.