wheel spacer question?

FASTGREEK

what size wheel spacers do i need to push the rear rims out a bit? I have four fronts on the car now, thanks

IMG_6623.jpg

IMG_6621.jpg

Adapters have been known to break doing a lot of damage. I'd just go with 7/16" universal spacers and you must upgrade to 2" studs. Here with 255-50 16s. What's wrong with that?

Attachments

• Picture 220.jpg
    Picture 220.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 461
Wheel Spacers

I run 1.5 in. hub ecentric spacers on the rear, no rubbing at all.

Attachments

• spacer1.jpg
    spacer1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 469
  • spacer2.jpg
    spacer2.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 493
Need to push mine out a little in the rear. Any way to run a thin spacer with out having to change to longer studs safely. How about 5/16 spacer? Do you need longer studs as well?

does anyone have any idea of how much of a wheel adapter size i can run up front w/o rubbing issues, if so please post pics as well if done to your car, thanks so very much.

Not true. :rolleyes: Adapters are stronger than spacers which add more strain on the wheel studs. Get yourself some 1.25" adapters (see link below) and your car's stance should look ok...Good luck!

Claude. :)

Link: Wheel Adapters 5 Lug Corvette Camaro

Don't tell me it's not true. Tell that to the guy (jsta6) using adapters like yours and when it broke took out his quarter panel. I wonder how much his new quarter panel cost? I wouldn't use them things on a bet. That car's stance looks just fine but what do you expect for cheap wheels?

Spacers do add additional stress on the wheel stud. Keep a eye on them, and if you are making good power I recommend 5/8" wheel studs!!!!

the car it's going on is my turbo t, its all stock, thanks for the info guys.I received the spacers and i haven't put them on yet, i will post pics as soon as i have them installed.

Not true. :rolleyes: Adapters are stronger than spacers which add more strain on the wheel studs. Get yourself some 1.25" adapters (see link below) and your car's stance should look ok...Good luck!

Claude. :)

Link: Wheel Adapters 5 Lug Corvette Camaro

TRUE! Adapters have been used for years in many applications and are much SAFER than "spacers" because they mount to your hub just like a wheel does then you mount the wheels as you normally would. Spacers simply sandwich between the wheel and hub and often crack because they are typically made of cast aluminum. Longer studs does not solve the problem of a "loose" spacer between the hub and wheel assembly. As with anything make sure you use a QUALITY product ie. high grade billet or steel with hardened lugs.

TRUE! Adapters have been used for years in many applications and are much SAFER than "spacers" because they mount to your hub just like a wheel does then you mount the wheels as you normally would. Spacers simply sandwich between the wheel and hub and often crack because they are typically made of cast aluminum. Longer studs does not solve the problem of a "loose" spacer between the hub and wheel assembly. As with anything make sure you use a QUALITY product ie. high grade billet or steel with hardened lugs.

"GNXWannabe", I know it's true!:smile: (adapters are stronger than spacers). When I said "not true", I was just replying to a post that "Red Regal T" posted (post#3) who was saying the opposite...:rolleyes:

Claude. :smile:

with spacers or adapters, is it recommended not to race with these??? ive had two friends lose their wheels on the road because of adapters, but i mainly blame them, since they installed them and arent too car savvy.