Wheel cylinder question

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
I am having fits getting the snap ring on the inside that holds the cylinder in place , It has 2 ears that pop in place and I'm having hell getting those to pop in , Any thoughts or is there a special tool that help ? Thanks Keith

I just did mine. I had to find a pipe that fit over the wheel cylinder an smack it on that way.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Did you go with aluminum drums also ? I have been warned about how they will slide . I'm gonna try the pipe and see if that helps , Thanks Blackazzzzzz

My car is a 86 t type w11.It came stock with the aluminum upgrades.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I used a large C clamp to hold to wheel cylinder tight to the backing plate. Then went from behind and locked on one side of the clip first, then with a long heavy screwdriver forced the other side of the clip on. They are a PIA!

Man the drivers side went on ok but damn I have been fighting the passenger side for two days , I just mixed me a totty and bout to go back at it

I fought the passenger side last year for 10 minutes and decided to drop the axle and do it off the car.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Wood wedge between axle and. Wheel cylinder big hammer and socket. Hit the bitch like it owes you money. If does not go all the way tap with a screw driver on ears so they catch.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Man Backndagame , I have been whooping that bitch like it was some fool leaning on my car , I think I got a dicked up cylinder , its going back tomorrow . Thanks for the help Man

I am having fits getting the snap ring on the inside that holds the cylinder in place , It has 2 ears that pop in place and I'm having hell getting those to pop in , Any thoughts or is there a special tool that help ? Thanks Keith

I made a tool that you use a "C" clamp to snap it in. you can have it in minuets.

Where are you? PM me an address with the promise that you will send it back after you are done and I will mail it to you.

Man Backndagame , I have been whooping that bitch like it was some fool leaning on my car , I think I got a dicked up cylinder , its going back tomorrow . Thanks for the help Man

I've run into cylinders from the parts store that had excess casting where the ears are supposed to clip into. Might check for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the damn thing , C clamp worked wonders , Now I wonder why I was so damn dumb not to do that in the first place , CHEERS