What's your best 60ft with a stock turbo?

Wow, what a oldie.
Wish i have been to the track more with my car, still has the stock turbo on it :biggrin:
Ed Brewer went 1.51 with a upgrade to the HRparts'n'stuff rear swaybar for your update, also has been 11.33 or 11.31 at 116 or 116.5. He added methanol and erics chip.

BW

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
Wow, what a oldie.

Slow91z said:
Wow this is old.

Nothing like educating ones self using the good ole search feature! ;)

I can't wait til I go back...... maybe Friday night.... air is getting good.... looking for my first low 8 sec slip.... (in the 1/8 of course.....) All I need is a 1.6X 60' time.... and I am there.

Blazer406 said:
All I need is a 1.6X 60' time.... and I am there.

Well... didn't get there with the stock suspension... or the low boost I was running....

went a 1.81 on a 9-10# launch... 12-13 psi ... max boost ... except for some creep right before each shift..... 8.32 @ almost 80 mph ... stock turbo... stock intercooler... 12-13# boost....

The vigilante "0-Pump" 5 disk converter.... looks like it is stalling around 3600-3800 (per DS log) at 10 psi boost (with the stock turbo). I hope to put the TE61 on this week and the 60# injectors with the extender extreme chip.

Blazer406 said:
Well... didn't get there with the stock suspension... or the low boost I was running....

went a 1.81 on a 9-10# launch... 12-13 psi ... max boost ... except for some creep right before each shift..... 8.32 @ almost 80 mph ... stock turbo... stock intercooler... 12-13# boost....

The vigilante "0-Pump" 5 disk converter.... looks like it is stalling around 3600-3800 (per DS log) at 10 psi boost (with the stock turbo). I hope to put the TE61 on this week and the 60# injectors with the extender extreme chip.

Why didn't you turn it up?

Slow91z said:
Why didn't you turn it up?

I was getting 2-3 deg of knock at each gear change... for like .2 seconds.....probably from the boost creep.

stock chip too.... so 23 deg timing.....

Other than that.... probably would have turned it up some.

Was this on radials and pump gas?

Honestly, i would get the meth kit on the car before you purchased or installed the bigger turbo, you wont make any more power unless you can turn up the boost.
BW

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
Honestly, i would get the meth kit on the car before you purchased or installed the bigger turbo, you wont make any more power unless you can turn up the boost.
BW

I second that. Unless you are going to turn up the boost a bigger turbo is a waste of money. The Stock turbo is good to at least 7.7's@84 with a good tune, 7.5's if you can cut a 1.60 60 ft.

I would love to do the alky now.... but I have to sell some more stuff to generate the funds for the alky kit....

I already have the turbo (purchased it used from a friend locally), new injectors, and new chip. The chip is cut for alky. I would like to get a chip burned for my stock turbo combo... except with the big injectors....but am not planning on spending any more money for the stock turbo combination. I really wanted more out of my 60'. I also think I could w/o alky scare some really low 8's if I could cut the timing back and the boost up.

My converter (per DS log) is stalling almost 3800 RPM at launch.... on 10psi ...then almost immediately going to 12 or 13 psi... for the rest of the run... trying to launch at 12 -13 psi... yielded a small amount of tirespin.... hurting 60' times. Poly bushings from HR Parts and boxing the stock control arms might help the 60'.....

What do you guys think?

Launching at 12psi??? Not radials then right?
I asked if you were on radials and pump gas....

You have enough convertor for the bigger turbo, but will only be able to make some more power with it if you turn it up...

Eventually when you get the meth kit and that bigger turbo, you might add a small upgraded intercooler to help out with flow, the stock neck becomes a botleneck with the bigger turbo.

I would pull the stock lower intake and port match it to a felpro gasket, or wait till you blow a head gasket and clean up the heads and port the lower intake.
You do have a 3 inch downpipe right?
BW

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
Launching at 12psi??? Not radials then right?
I asked if you were on radials and pump gas....

You have enough convertor for the bigger turbo, but will only be able to make some more power with it if you turn it up...

Eventually when you get the meth kit and that bigger turbo, you might add a small upgraded intercooler to help out with flow, the stock neck becomes a botleneck with the bigger turbo.

I would pull the stock lower intake and port match it to a felpro gasket, or wait till you blow a head gasket and clean up the heads and port the lower intake.
You do have a 3 inch downpipe right?
BW

All my mods are in my sig.... except the tires.... sorry... 26x10.5x15 ET streets.... kinda spun a few feet to maybe a car length on a 12 psi launch..... 10 psi did great though... no spin....

Wait til I blow a head gasket...... gulp.....gag...

I hope that takes a while.. :eek: .. I am banking on a tranny outage first... after the meth kit goes on.... I am sure I will be broke by then.... I do have a spare tranny...but I need to have it disassembled to check it out... and replace some of the parts that is in the sticky.. on the trans forum.... I can't decide if I want to hang out a little while longer with the stock turbo/injectors... until I get the alky kit.... I really want to cut the boost up some... but need a chip with reduced timing....23 deg of timing sux with the stock intercooler. I might could get away with it if I had a front mount .... or a better stock-location one.... but alas.... alky before intercooler is the direction I am heading in at the moment.... Maybe intercooler 1st quarter next year? .. maybe after tax refund?

meth before intercooler, i run 28° in first and second, third is 25°

Maybe you can borrow a chip for stock turbo and stock injectors for meth?

Honestly, i would do the meth before the bigger turbo, you will need meth for either.
Mine only runs 12.6 on radials with the numbers in my sig, its heavy and just turned 90,000 today.
Get a good trans cooler too.
Soo much to do with these cars.
BW

Man this is a oldie

When my car was all stock with only chip, pump, K&N, boost at 23psi it went 1.59-1.62 all the time on 26x10 m/t slicks. Totally stock suspension with both swaybars also. This was when I first bought the car and started racing it.

I used the footbrake plus e-brake for those 15-17 psi launches. You gotta get tires and drive it like you hate it.

This thread may get entertaining with the new TFS class coming in 2006. Should see some flyin stock turbo cars. :)

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
Was this on radials and pump gas?

BW

Razor's Alky kit ordered/received/installed ..... going back to the track tonight. Hopefully I will be able to tune it.... and cut the boost up a little at a time. I dunno what would be a realistic goal for tonight would be..... probably should be to go have fun... and be able to drive the car back home... in one piece....

8.32 on 13 # ......... ?.?? on 23 #? I may not make it to 23# tonight .... gotta sneek up on it.....

You shouldn't even need the alky until you get it over 18 psi or so depending on your chip...I run 18* of timing and 20 pounds of boost on pump gas eveyday.

Do you have a alky chip or just a pump gas chip??

It is an alky chip....extender for the 60# Motron's. I could only run about 14 psi with the 23/21 timing.... o2's around 800... on pump gas. It still had a degree or two knock throughout the runs... a little more at the shift. Hopefully the alky will squelch the knock....

We will see.

Yeah with that chip you're pretty close...Turn the alky on don't touch the settings...Just turn up the boost pound by pound until you get a tickle of knock, should be able to get close to 20 without touching anything.