ok guys i need some help, i cant brake 100mph and heres my time slip
60ft 1.896
330' 5.430
1/8 8.490
mph 80.40
1000' 11.132
1/4 13.392
mph 99.19

i dont know what would be keeping me back from the mph's? any thought would be helpful.
thanks
jerrad

My GN ran that way first time out, it had 17 gallons in it and all my tools so it weighed 4000 lbs. on the scales, weight could be a factor for you too.

Another one was slipping tranny and beat old D5 converter.

Direct Scan showed those problems, stock turbo just started to leak oil too so I got rid of it. :)

Direct Scan is money well spent for tuning purposes.

Fat chip, bad MAF, could also be factors as well as some KR on the big end.

What scan tool(s) are you using?

You are only picking up 19 mph from the 1/8th to the 1/4 and that ain't so good. :(

the weight isnt it cause i had about a quarter of a tank in it and all the tools and my spare were out of it. i have a scan tool but its a soft scanner so will it show if the tranny is slipping? thanks for the reply

Originally posted by jerrad
the weight isnt it cause i had about a quarter of a tank in it and all the tools and my spare were out of it. i have a scan tool but its a soft scanner so will it show if the tranny is slipping? thanks for the reply

Need more info

How much boost are you running? What mods have you done?
What chip are you running? Timing in the chip?

Sorry I just read your sig. How much FP? o2's??

Also be sure the car is in Drive and NOT OD. If it is shifting into OD at 99 mph, you will not go faster than this in the 1/8th mile.

Also if you are running a 93 chip, it will cut timing back in Drive, which will hurt MPH.

Any Knock? 80 mph is a little slow for an 8.40 so the low mph is showing up after the 2/3 shift.