whats ur thoughts

jimmys434

i have a 85 short block drilled for the oil return it sock turbo crank, stock rods trw forged pistons 224 224 hydrulic cam 490 lift, ported big vlave heads,ported intake, with a t63 turbo. my questions is do i pu it in my car as is and see how long it last or do i tear it down to put a girdle in it or steel caps? im looking for low 11 high 10s

If low 11s high 10s is really what you want then just run it and tune till your goals. high 10s on a good tune should be ok... but I had those same goals. As soon as you get your goals you will want more.... If money and time is no issue then girdle it and have a bit more cusion down into the mid 10s or so if you ever decide to push it further.

I thin your cam is too big. I would go to a smaller grind. I have a spare block hot air "140" with head studs and tapped for the oil drain for $100 if you want a spare.

I thin your cam is too big. I would go to a smaller grind. I have a spare block hot air "140" with head studs and tapped for the oil drain for $100 if you want a spare.

i have two more hot air blocks and 2 109 blocks
now but thanks