whats this?

mustangjoed

i just changed the valve covers on my gn and installed a set of black powder coated turbo 6 valve covers. there was a module mounted on top of the driver side original valve cover it has a connecter hooked to it and it has 2 vacuum hose connections on it but there are not any vacuum hoses hooked to it. should there be? and does anyone know what this is?

Welcome aboard...

i just changed the valve covers on my gn and installed a set of black powder coated turbo 6 valve covers. there was a module mounted on top of the driver side original valve cover it has a connecter hooked to it and it has 2 vacuum hose connections on it but there are not any vacuum hoses hooked to it. should there be? and does anyone know what this is?

It's the EGR vacuum regulator & yes it's supposed to have 2 vac hoses connected on a stock car. It has to do with emissions..do a seach & learn some more. HTH with the hose routing:

Attachments

• vac_federal.jpg
    vac_federal.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 95
thanks for the help. i just bought the car and its not stock. it belonged to member red83. i have been trying to clean up the wiring in the engine compartment and have been finding a lot of wires and connections not hooked up but the car runs fine.