Whats this worth?

Sorry for the late reply. I have to replace the fuel pump in my 87 before I was thinking of selling it. If I can get it replaced soon, I will let you know. That way I can clean it and tune it. Like I said before...I'm not 100% ready to sell it right now because it's not running.

unless he can provide documentation on the miles,assume its 160k.....a true 60k car you will know its the true miles by looking only for a few moments.....trust your gut,if the car is rough,point the items out and why your offer is what it is.the owner should appreciate the education.....think about its final value and then minus all the repairs to get it there.don't paint yourself in a corner.

unless he can provide documentation on the miles,assume its 160k.....a true 60k car you will know its the true miles by looking only for a few moments.....trust your gut,if the car is rough,point the items out and why your offer is what it is.the owner should appreciate the education.....think about its final value and then minus all the repairs to get it there.don't paint yourself in a corner.

Thats exactly what I did. By the shape of the body, the way it drove, and how dirty and grimy under the hood is I thought it to be a 160k mile car even though the carax said otherwise and the interior is fairly good. He had no documentation to prove it, he was just going off of what the guy said when he bought the car back in the 90's as that owner had no docunmentation either. I also know that a few weeks back he drove over a curb hit a big rock and destroyed the flexplate and trans inspection cover which all of that was fixed. With that happening though I wasnt sure if anything else got messed up under there as well and didnt get noticed so I was leary about that. I talked with the daughter and told her what all would need to be fixed on the car that I had seen while I looked the car over, the list could and probably would get longer as I got deeper into the car and that brief list of parts, paint, and body work totalled up to around $6k so thats what I based my offer from.

he will get back to you.....not alot of cash being spent on "toys" right now...cars and houses are selling slowly......
another thing ive done is show the cash offer and make sure the wife is near and sees the cash herself;)

I would much rather have a 100k car that has been well taken care of that a 60k one that has been neglected............Money pit waiting to happen.

I wish I could show them the cash, but until my 85 sells I would have to have a loan to buy the 87. Besides the guy that owns the car is 92 and is dead set in his price and thinks the car is in really good shape. I am dealing with his kids on the deal and they live out of state so I only talk with them when they get in. I told the daughter that I had the 5k ready to go if they decided to take that offer.

pops wants his $$$$$$$ lol ! dude deel with the kids and hope they don't research on the car so you'll can get a deel or else pops wants that loot oh yeah tell pops to bring out GNX 036 and give $11,000.00 QUICK !!!!

dude deel with the kids and hope they don't research on the car so you'll can get a deel
Thats the problem the son that knows nothing on these cars helped the dad research and they used Hemmings as their reference which they said that the average price for one in there was 11k. The thing is most of those cars in there are either fully restored or are low mileage cars that are in great shape. When I made my offer I gave them 6-8 printed examples of what similar cars had gone for on ebay recently as well as some other cars off this board. Its up to them now how long the want to wait.

Well I have to get the car now because I just ordered an aftermarket chip for it that was a good deal:D God I dont even own the thing yet and its already costing me money:rolleyes: Got to love these car its not hard to rack up the money with them.

Well I have to get the car now because I just ordered an aftermarket chip for it that was a good deal:D God I dont even own the thing yet and its already costing me money:rolleyes: Got to love these car its not hard to rack up the money with them.

get used to it big guy. i had three bills in a row over 2 G's from my mechanic. i'm into my T for over 20 Gs and its still not even close to where I want it. that's why i'm gonna cut my losses and sell it, and then buy a GN that someone else spent 50 G's on, and I'll get it for 1/3 of that 50.

A word of advice.... research whatever mechanics you're gonna take it to.... some guys will rape you just because they think they are working on a car that is expensive to maintain. better yet, try to do whatever you can do yourself.... they're are a ton of nice guys on this board that will help you and walk you through stuff. well, i guess you prolly already know, since you have a few hot air cars, but i don't know that much about hot air. I love your '85 by the way, were those wheels factory on that?..... the T wheels with the black paint? LOve em. might put them on my GN whenever I find the right car! Good luck!!!

rwrows, I try to do what work I can myself. I also work for Napa aut parts so I get good deals on parts, as well as Im friends with a lot of shops that give me good rates if I need something done I cant do. One of my other friends that owns an 87 GN here in town is a mechanic at the local Chevy dealer so he does some work for me as well. I hope the deal goes thru with this car as I have always wanted an 87. Yes the wheels you on my 85 are the factory ones. Those were the wheels that all the 84 and 85 GN's came with. I think they look better on the darker cars than the plain 86/87 wheels do.