What's the WORST song ever made?

DCEPTCN

Smasher-Devourer
My vote goes to 'Jane Mary, Cry One Tear' by Swans off of their 'The Burning World' album. 1st rate caca, that tune is. It actually makes me physically uncomfortable. Please, if you haven't heard it, check out this auditory travesty.

yeah, anything by Yucko Ono and her son Julian pretty much blows chunks. Beasting boys are second on the list. Who are the fans that buy this music is beyond me. Oh that Manson puke he is horrible to.

Afternoon Delight makes me puke.

that afternoon delight song would go hand in hand with those two sickning people on the rooms to go commercial.

The song, "Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time" by Paul McCartney actually makes me wretch. As to a few other of his pop nuggets such as "My Love (Does It Good)" have the same effect. It sure was a long drop from "Band On The Run" or "A Day In the Life".

Yoko was an art-house freak, and I have to lump most of Lennon's post-Beatle work in the pooper as well. If only Mark David had been born a few years earlier we would have been spared the Double Fantasy album.

Currently the worst thing that comes to mind is the incredibly lame, "1985" by Bowling For Soup.

Though some find him offensive, I really don't think Marilyn Manson deserves to be on a worst of list, particluarly if you take into account his Mechanical Animals album, which is probably the greatest Glam-Rock album since Marc Bolan died.

to have the beastie boys on this list is a shame....

john anderson's seminole wind is a GREAT song

now for my worst...

blind melon "no rain" that song makes my ears hurt....

and why it ever got air time on a ROCK station is beyond me....

also this list should include anything ever done by marshal mathers....that loser just cant stop talking about "abusing" his mom and ex wife.....what a stand up guy......

Originally posted by TylerDurden
to have the beastie boys on this list is a shame....

Agree!! Despite being over played, Sabotage is a hell of a song. (as is the rest of that album)

Besides lumping an entire artist on a worst song ever list seems unfair.

How about - Stevie Wonder - "I Just Called to Say I Love You." THat is pure drivel, an abomination.

Fernando----------Abba

I will survive--------Gloria Gaynor

McArthurs Park-------Donna Summer
(Someone left the cake out in the rain:mad: )

I could break the radio.

The Shaggs - My Pal Foot Foot

I'd really be surprised if anyone's actually heard that song. You have to be a true music afficianado to understand.

p.s., Yes I own The Shaggs "Philosophy of the World/Shaggs Own Thing" on CD.:eek:

McArthur Park was origainally sung by Richard Harris of Harry Potter fame. A much better version was done by disco queen Donna Summer.:p

again, far too many to list

Nu-metal with the chunky guitar stacatto that everyone is doing these days makes me want to gouge my ear drums out with a spoon - see sevendust for an example

first off Beastie Boys rule, they were pioneers in there earlier years. Marilyn Manson is awsome as well, and i know most people will not believe it but i am related to John Anderson, i have never meet him before but he is like my cousin once removed or something and he is a good singer as "siminole wind" as stated above is a good song.

I really thought someone would get the worst musicians of all time by now but no one has so i will tell you, "They Might Be Giants" anyhting buy this groups sucks tremendously. The goverment should use there music for torturing people who will not obey them.

Joshua

Originally posted by NJTurbo

McArthurs Park-------Donna Summer
(Someone left the cake out in the rain:mad: )

Okay, but which is really worse the Donna Summer Disco remake or the orginal Richard (A Man Called Horse) Harris version?

I have a soft-spot for cheesy story songs, so I can't put this on my list, but felt it is imporant that Richard Harris share the dubious honor of being mentioned in this thread.

Since we are tossing out cheesy seventies songs for consideration, don't forget the following:

1. Shannon - Henry Gross
2. Billy Don't Be A Hero - Paper Lace
3. The Last Game Of the Season - ???
4. Patches - Clarence Carter
5. The Pina Colada Song - Rupert Holmes

Damn!!! Everytime I think about it another horrible song comes to mind

UGH - One Tin Soldier

What crap

Originally posted by krom
Korn- Another Brick in the Wall.

Yeah, why take a perfectly good Pink Floyd song and F*** it up. To this I'll add most any "remake" especailly done by country music ppl. (they milk it a lot as a sub for talent I think) Dolly Parton did a remake of STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN for chrissake. I don't think Dolly smoked way too much pot back in the 70s, she has no right to do a remake of a Zep song.