WHAT's The point? Drifting I dont get it!

neither do I. I guess it is for cars that don't handle and aren't quick or fast. They do seem to have power but have trouble applying it to the pavement.

sell tires and parts

why else would you want to lose traction? i've seen some of those drifting races on speed channel with tanner foust and was yawning most of the time. i only see drifting as a way to sell more tires and parts as you lose rubber and bust your car up on walls and when it breaks down. just my thought and maybe it's part of it but i thought drifting when out when that Fast and furious in japan credits rolled.

Crap we invented drifting up here in New england during the winter years ago.

We took old bombers into empty parking lots full of ice & snow.. it was a lot easier on the parts & tires.
We did donughts, drifting, crashing into snow banks.

One day we trashed a 64 442 Convert. This kid we knew kept hauling down the street & spinning the rear into a snow bank trying to get it stuck. That car would not get stuck! 425 ci & posi. with huge snow tires.:eek:

It's just like ice skating, judged by a group. I'm sure it's fun to do but I don't think I could sit and watch it for hours.

I just want to know why drift cars all have a stuffed animal or 2 hanging from the back bumper.

and I bet on other boards they ask: "Drag racing, what's the point? It's only for cars that can't handle but at least have power."

It's what they like to do. More power to 'em. (I think it is gay)

Because it's fun!!! :biggrin:

Attachments

• drifting.jpg
    drifting.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 286
I never know who wins in those things. How do they score it? I really doesn't matter to me but I just can't seem to figure it out when they show it on Speed. If I did learn how they score it I don't think it would make me watch it.

and I bet on other boards they ask: "Drag racing, what's the point? It's only for cars that can't handle but at least have power."

It's what they like to do. More power to 'em. (I think it is gay)

At least in drag racing there's a finish line. I don't understand how they determine who wins with drifting. Is it who looks the coolest? :cool:

I like to burnout around corners to kick the rear out , its fun ... maybe thats where they are coming from? ---

At least in drag racing there's a finish line. I don't understand how they determine who wins with drifting. Is it who looks the coolest? :cool:
There is also a finish line in drifting competitions!

The winner is decided when one crosses the finish line and the racers are judged by how they keep the tires smoking and the actual drift without driving in a straight line. If you watch more carefully they will drift around one corner and then switch the drift around to go around the next corner the whole time TRYING to keep there car at a FULL DRIFT at all times.

Actually A LOT harder than going in a straight line like in drag racing and it's A LOT harder than it looks.. The cars have a TON of Power and the tires are specialy made just for drifting just like a slick is for drag racing.

Hope this helps some understand more about drifting..

SW.