What's the deal with not being able to change my avatar?

kenny

No turbo, no care.
I go into my profile under "edit options" and click "more info..." under avatar at the bottom. That brings me this,

Avatar images must be no larger than 64 pixels high and 64 pixels wide, must be 5k or less in file size and may not contain any advertisements or be offensive in any way. Site management reserves the right to approve or deny any avatar for any reason.

Ok, that's fine, the image I want to use is smaller than 5k.

Now, I go to use this image so I click "change avatar", this brings me to the change avatar window, nothing abnormal yet.

Now it says,
Note: the maximum size of your custom image is 65 by 65 pixels or 512 bytes (whichever is smaller).

That's funny, my current avatar is bigger than 512 bytes.

What gives? :confused:

i went to change mine, it didn't give me any place to upload a new one, so i deleted my old one figuring then i'd be able to upload another, but still nothing.

how do i get one?

I have been getting emails about this problem , I dont know why but if you like send me your pic (aready down sized) and I'll take care of it for you.

The problem is being looked into.

Jesse
:cool:

Originally posted by kenny
I go into my profile under "edit options" and click "more info..." under avatar at the bottom. That brings me this,

Ok, that's fine, the image I want to use is smaller than 5k.

Now, I go to use this image so I click "change avatar", this brings me to the change avatar window, nothing abnormal yet.

Now it says,

That's funny, my current avatar is bigger than 512 bytes.

What gives? :confused:

We don't want you to change it. That's how we think of you now. You can't change it. We won't know who it is. You'll be a "non-person".

Re: Re: What's the deal with not being able to change my avatar?

Originally posted by gn85
We don't want you to change it. That's how we think of you now. You can't change it. We won't know who it is. You'll be a "non-person".

:(

So it's true, you only loved me for my avatar. :(

Jesse - send you an email. Thanks. :)

Re: Re: Re: What's the deal with not being able to change my avatar?

Originally posted by kenny
:(

So it's true, you only loved me for my avatar. :(

LOL...you know Kenny I also know you by your avatar :)

Re: Re: Re: Re: What's the deal with not being able to change my avatar?

Originally posted by Jesse
LOL...you know Kenny I also know you by your avatar :)

I thought this one was more fitting for the user text.

Thanks again for changing it. :)