whats the big deal with drifting????

matt87

i watch these ricer shows and the big rage seems to be drifting. whats so impressive about a controlled slide? seems like a waste of exspensive tires to me.

I guess people like Lateral g-forces too. I know my favorite part of drag racing is the launch.

When it's done on a road course, it can show some skill. That parking lot stuff is just like a burnout contest though, since there's no boundary to show that you're doing what you mean to be doing. On that show, it's better than the one TNN used to show. At least they cover racing and some interesting cars, history etc. Even accused a Skyline of being riced once. The guys are just annoying as H!@# to LISTEN to.

IMO, it's a hell of a lot of fun. In a parkinglot, it's just like doing a big donut, but on a track, like the other poster said, it can show some skill. And, again, it's fun as hell. I've heard a lot of people saying it's "ricer-ish", but you can't really classify that as a ricer activity. Ok I'm done now. :D

This winter I was on a huge frozen parking lot with my 16000 pound plus Chevy Kodiak dump truck and it was fun to do in that.Now that takes skill,to keep it from tipping that is
:D

Originally posted by GNSCOTT
I guess people like Lateral g-forces too. I know my favorite part of drag racing is the launch.
Since other mostly stock cars can not launch like a TR, they turn to drifting for that rush ;)

I'll videotape my three year old and his 24 Volt power wheels. He's gotten quite good. He can even pump his fist, point and hold a conversation while turning the tires into molten plastic. Some japanese stickers and he'll be set.

By the time he turns 5 I'm guessing he'll want to compete in a REAL MOTORSPORT (and not ice dancing for boys), however.