Whats the best song ever made?

Originally posted by sixnboost
I could give a list of songs that I love but I doubt that anyone on here has even heard of my favorite musician. But I will throw a few out just in case anyone else appreciates the same kind of music I like.

You're not alone here, good list, I prefer Morrisey with the Smiths, but either way...

Originally posted by sixnboost
I could give a list of songs that I love but I doubt that anyone on here has even heard of my favorite musician.
Give us a shot. There are a lot of music lovers on here that like all types of music. The Church were one of my favorite groups back in the day.

Morrissey - Suedehead

Be Bop Deluxe!!:cool:

Hey guys I'm glad some of you actually know about The Church and Morrissey!!

I am not that fond of the new music by The Church but The new Morrissey is awesome!! "You are the Quarry" I am glad that these groups are still making music though since they had their heyday in the 80's. Even Depeche Modes "Exciter" is good!

I went to a Morrissey concert in Atlanta back in October and he did several of the Smiths songs which I like also!!

"Girlfriend in a Coma" is my favorite Smiths song!

Hmm.....impossible to choose a fav, but I can always listen to:

Refused - New Noise

Goddam that song pumps me up, I just want to mosh my brains out and break stuff and shred my tires.

Fav. album would probably be 311's Transistor. 22 songs, all of them great!

The best band on the planet is IRON MAIDEN !!!! Eddie rules. Best song,number of the beast. Other fav's are fear factory,SLAYER,testament ,and death angel. Kinda heavy stuff for a 50 year old . But what the hell,listen to what your like.that's what music is all about.

THE AMERICAN ROGUES: AMERICA'S CELTIC BAND -- DAR Constitution Hall, Washington D.C

Wow I guess yesterday was Halloween so let an old post rise from the dead!!
My fav is The Beatles- A day in the life.

Eagles Hotel California, And i really enjoy Santana black magic woman when im shit faced, even some Steely Dan Do it again is good!

So many songs no real favorites all are good and bring you back to that place n time to what ever that particular song reminds you of.. Love that feeling

Different situations tend to move one song above another...
Relaxing at home, on a quiet afternoon...Mama's and the Papa's CALIFORNIA DREAMIN'
Pushing big weight in the gym...Rammstein FEUER FREI
Hanging with friends ( old guys) anything Van Halen or Queensryche
Cruising in the GN...T-tops out...Joe Satriani SUMMER SONG
Mrs. Coach and I's current favorite song...Greg Kihn OUR LOVES IN JEOPARDY...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Honorable mention...
Sexual Healing...Marvin Gaye
Hero...Foo Fighters
So far away...Staind
Perfect Stranger(cover)...Dream Theater

You dont need new music to be cool...
Most of the music made today is so sampled and overdubbed...its either old music made new or a machine.:poop::poop::poop:
I have played guitar for over 30 years, and studied with some great teachers...the opinion is echoed throughout the profession. The talent level of today's so called best players is nothing compared to 30 years ago. That's why Eddie, Eric, Joe and Steve, Jimi, and Page are the first mentioned and always will be.
The only addition of any circumstance in the last 25 years is the 7th string, and that was Vai. The new generation has made a living on deeper power chords and the newer extra heavy strings deadened pedal.
Drop D was popular 30 years ago too.
There are some good players out there, but without the huge marketing campaigns that the cute and sexy recieve...we will never hear them in the mainstream...and that is sad.
Satch was a nobody until it came out in a 1985 interview that he had taught Hammett and Vai...after that, his albums took off and now he is Legend.