What's it worth?

84wh1

pimp romeo
Hey guys, it's been years since I've posted on this forum, but I've got a question. I have an 84 wh1 with about 75000 miles. The car has pretty much been parked and covered in the garage for the last 5 years but still looks pretty good. The paint is about 8 years old and the car has some small bolt ons and exhaust but remains pretty much original. Now I've really lost interest in the car and am looking into selling it. Now because I've been out of the scene for so long, I have no idea what to list it for. I was just wondering if any of you guys have any advice on what I should list this car? I was thinking maybe 6500$ but I don't know if I'm too low or too high. The car still looks decent and because it's been parked and covered, the paint still looks good. Any advice? Thanks

Check out the thread below......SOLD MY HOT AIR!!! Depending on the condition it may be worth more than you think.

Alright so lets see if posting these pics works. Let me know what you think I can get for this? Thanks

Attachments

• buick gn pics 013.jpg
    buick gn pics 013.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 178
  • buick gn pics 015.jpg
    buick gn pics 015.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 191
  • buick gn pics 017.jpg
    buick gn pics 017.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 182
  • buick gn pics 025.jpg
    buick gn pics 025.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 193
  • buick gn pics 044.jpg
    buick gn pics 044.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 183
heres just a couple more pics of the car

Attachments

• buick gn pics 028.jpg
    buick gn pics 028.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 176
  • buick gn pics 032.jpg
    buick gn pics 032.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 194
  • buick gn pics 039.jpg
    buick gn pics 039.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 182
  • buick gn pics 029.jpg
    buick gn pics 029.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 180
  • buick gn pics 049.jpg
    buick gn pics 049.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 183
you say it has 75,000 miles on it, but the odometer indicates 03918 in such a way that it looks like it's rolled over past 100,000 miles- the numbers aren't nice and lined up.
that's gonna affect the amount someone will pay for it.

I did not see that coming...man that thing looks nice :eek::eek::eek: While hot air cars generally don't bring much cash in I think $6500 seems pretty fair in this ugly market.

Hey guys thanks for the comments. I'm in Winnipeg Canada so the mileage on the car is actually in kilometers so it was rolled over once. I just guessed what the conversation to miles would be. Well thanks for the input. I'm gonna do a little more homework and then more than likely sell it. Thanks again.

I did not see that coming...man that thing looks nice :eek::eek::eek: While hot air cars generally don't bring much cash in I think $6500 seems pretty fair in this ugly market.

That's a designer series and as clean as that car is I'd say you could get 10k for it. Don't be discouraged by the low ballers on this board some of them paid almost 5-6k on cars that are not near that beautiful. If you list it on this board you probably won't get much. List it on ebay or one of the classic car ad sites and I'm willing to bet you get what you want for it. I think 10 grand is a fair price for that car in that condition. Actually I go closer to 12 and settle somewhere in the middle.

Nice hot air!!! I'm in Winnipeg too. I just picked up my 86 that had terrible paint for $7500. I would ask 10K for that beauty no doubt.

dayuummm. :eek: i'd expect 10 grand for it too, go become a member of Hemmings? might be more likely to get bidders/collectors with deep pockets....

Hey guys thanks for all the positive feedback. Appreciated! Anyways being that a few of you guys said 10k I might just try it. I mean the cars been parked since 2006 so if it doesn't sell right away it's no big deal. I've owned the car since I was 18 and I'm 29 now and for the most part it's been a good car. The transmission went the year before I parked and I had it rebuilt so that's as good as new. I'm sure I'll eventually regret getting rid of it, but I'll get over it. I know that if I keep it, it's just gonna drain my bank account and will probably piss off the wife! LOL

I lurk on here a lot now & I'm going to tell you this from experience...........KEEP IT! :biggrin:

i agree, keep it. ive had other hot rods and later on, i found my self saying, i should have kept it.

Not to sound like an echo, but I also say, "Keep it!" One as nice as yours is sure to appreciate in value if kept in that condition.

As a point of reference, I've seen Hot Air TR's less pristine than yours going for close to 10k -- even with the odo flipped, not the original motor (converted to '86/7 IC or otherwise highly modified), or needing not-so-minor mechanical help. Not the norm, but I've seen them. It might be hard to fetch that kind of cash in this economy, but when things pick up and these cars become more rare, the value will only go up IMHO. That's why I say keep it for a few more years, at least; if your interest is not rekindled by then, it could be money in the bank.

Yours is the nicest Designer Series TR I've seen in many, many years! :cool: