Whats it worth ?

Gut it! I got mine down to 3100# and I still have a couple hundred to go :eek: I was in the same dilemma and have no regrets. That's why I bought a nice one. One for show and one to go!

Im heading out to chat with him today. He likes pontiacs a lot. I told him I had a 1998 GTP. He wants to see it... lets see how this comes out..

Hmmmmmmm

A TTA that has 90K and runs and drives is only worth 3K?????? :confused: As long as I have been watching these cars I rarely ever see them go for this price and seeing as this car might have never been in the rust belt aka salt destruction. I think it would make a nice daily driver especially if the work can be done yourself. :)

This car you're looking at sounds a lot like my car... Except for the interior, mine ws virtually mint, and it's a cloth car. And I paid 7K for it... :rolleyes: But hey, mine ran quite well until the MAF died. I still shudder when I think about how spendy it'll get just to make the thing look decent again.

I hope the guy goes for 3K, we need some more high-mileage beaters around here, my car gets lonely.

Johnboy said:
Hmmmmmmm

A TTA that has 90K and runs and drives is only worth 3K?????? :confused: As long as I have been watching these cars I rarely ever see them go for this price and seeing as this car might have never been in the rust belt aka salt destruction. I think it would make a nice daily driver especially if the work can be done yourself. :)

Thats why I'd buy it without even seeing it. :eek: Plus you could part it out and make more...not that I would do that. Also could clean it up and Ebay that bad boy and I think you could still get 5k easy.

Well I appreciate everyones advice. I looked at it today again and its not as bad as i 1st thought.The car runs solid and need some minor mechanical repairs. The most important being a mushy , low breake pedal.

At this time it looks like its a done deal. Here is a pic..

Attachments

• tta2.JPG
    tta2.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 214
Hey it looks just like MINE!!!! LOL You would be a fool to pass up that deal!!!

Its a done deal. Thanks for all the help guys.

For the guys that wanted it. If some how I decide I dont want to mess with it, I will go down the list of folks who posted wanting it. :)

YOU LUCKY DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good jod louie maybe you can drive it over on the 12th for the need2speed race at BMP, let me know.

JD ;) ;) ;)

Hi Louie,
Good buy! I haven't seen one of our cars that didn't need some kind of work. It looks pretty good cleaned up. If you part this one out, I'll get on the next flight to FLorida and personally buy the whole enchilada.My car just turned 104K, and I'll tell ya, it's got a lot of life left in it! Cosmetics are always a headache, but I would stick with what you have. Someday, that VIN is gonna be worth something. Seats and carpeting are available, and trim panels and such are easy to replace.
I took mine to the car show yesterday,lots of fun driving it. Especially when I dusted the 32 Ford street rod on the ramp of the freeway! These cars are such a blast to drive!
Take care of your new purchase,and make it into a real cruiser! Good luck with your new project.

83 TTypecooled,
Thanks for the motivational words. Im going to fix this car up. Its not going to be a show car, but a nice daily driver.

PVT, Ill let u know on the MAF

Don,
My friend...I couldnt let u out do me....You out did me with your TSM car.. Then your latest buy... had to try and stay ahead....

Well its finally home. Just gotta start working on it.

Attachments

• TTA 3.JPG
    TTA 3.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 120
Jason,
I will 1st the make the motor purr.. thats my thing! Then a shift kit and external trans cooler. The paint and body will be next ASAP.
Interior will be last.Very dark window tint wil be this cars best friend.LOL