What's it gonna take?

scrobbyd

What will it take to beat him? The guy in the camero is one of my oldest friends. He just put a 70mm turbo, built tranny, converter, injectors, intercooler, exhaust with like 9 psi (no alky). My car is currently running 19/20 psi until I get a new heavy duty wastegate actuator. I've got a new set of ET streets. I heated the tires up and was still spinning like crazy. Notice once he got out on me about 2 car lengths he wasn't pulling any more until I let off which you can hear my car sneeze once I get out of it. What do some of you race wizards think would put me ahead?

GN vs Camero SS w/70mm Turbo - YouTube

You definitely need to up the boost to take advantage of the alky. That 6262 turbo is barely working at 20psi with your combo

I agree, more boost! You need to turn up the wick to beat him. His car is not much faster. I bet he gained 100-125 fwhp from stock. Do not let your car go into overdrive. I have first hand experience with that Turbo and it wakes up at 23-24 psi. I think you will be the winner if you crank it up to 28-30. Just increase it in 2 psi increments, make sure the wideband is 10.8 or richer, and the injector duty cycle is under 90%. Never start tuning lean, start rich! Set the tracking to 10.6 and go from there. If it gets in the 90's you may have a fuel supply.

Some reason my new iPhone 4S reversed the video. Probably something I can fix in my settings, I hope.

Need to up the boost for sure. What size et streets? How much boost at the line are you leaving with? Do you have any powerlog files to view?

The 255/50/16 tire is around 26" tall. I used to run a 26" tire and later moved to a 28" tire and noticed more traction and speed with the taller tire. I know you just bought new tires, but I think the taller tire would help you