What's going on in Jacksonville?

Addicted2boost

SUCK, SQUISH, BANG, BLOW
I know we all have our own lives going on and keeping in tuned with the war doesn't help free up much time either. Maybe we should all plan on something as a get together again soon? We had a pretty good caravan of people out to Gainesville. What about if we have a cookout at a park or something? Then a burnout contest? (Just kidding) :D

Even though I haven't spoken with Kendall in awhile, I KNOW he's as busy as usual on his Rosewood trying to get it ready to scare the whole neighborhood and become public enemy #1 once he get's that monster on the street. :D :D I for one, can't wait to see it on the street.

I know Scott is having tranny issues and is trying to iron them out now. (I'm still waiting to hear back from him) Hint hint. :)

Is 19yearboost ready for his engine to be pulled because he now has funds to repair it? I know he has my help when he's ready for an engine pulling party. I think his girlfriend is wanting to see it run more then him. She absolutely loves these cars. :cool: Cool chick indeed.

I haven't heard from Dan Bowden in alooooong time. Ever since he was first deployed about a year and a half ago. Is he deployed serving our country again??

Will, I know has moved into a new home even further away than before. I think he's just west of Calahan. (Can't get too much further away than that folks) You know what I mean.

Glenn, well he's just the man for burnin rubber in front of the cops. You rule!!! I know he blew a HG out at Gainesville back in January, but I'm sure he's got that taken care of now.

I know there are alot of people here missed like Chip, Danny, and a few other guys located on the westside that I don't know about what's going on with them these days. Let us know what's going on.

Hello Casey: Yes, I fixed my HG problem. Pretty lucky it did not get into the water jacket or oil system. Went to Bradenton about 3 weeks ago. About 40 Buicks showed up. The reputation that track has for lauches are very true. Had a 1.52 short time off the foot brake. A constant 10-20 mph head wind kept everyones speed down but it was a very good time. Started raining right after eleminations finished. Hope it becomes an annual event. I know they are planning on that. My trans is slipping real bad at shifts and I am trying to get it fixed before the Nationals in Bowling Green.
Can't say much for what everybody else is doing around town.
There is a meetiong of the BOP club this Thursday April 3 at 7:00 PM at Hooters in Orange Park. We definitely need more people to show up. We are hosting a car show next Saturday at the Hooters near Regency. Be nice if we had some Buicks in the show or at least spectate.
Happy boosing, Glenn

I do apologize for not being around much, we have had a lot going on in the last month or so in the sqn....i am still here in jax...but we do have a couple crews gone, so the home workload has increased...i am also about to become a plane commander which takes up all of my left over free time studying...hopefully i will pass tomorrow "board" and be done with the hard part....
i will try to make the meeting this thursday...and try to be at the car show on next sat...i just redid the entire front end, holy geez! what a difference...i still need to install the rear shocks...

dan

oh yeah, and i am getting married in 20 days....

I'm here and still plugging away. You can always check my web site to find out what I've been up to..although I need to start a house-related web site since I have been doing some remodeling that's taking a lot of my time. SecondHand Six needs a cash infusion and more time but I am working on things as I can. I will try and make the club meeting this week. :)

Originally posted by Addicted2boost
"whats going on in Jacksonville ?"

That's a good question , Because I was wondering the same thing.

Jesse :)

I have been fighting with a leaking head and trying to get in contact with a company for some head and block sealer. I ordered some Cometic head gaskets Friday and should be on my door step today. I sold my 72's and picked up some 83's. Sold my DFI and I am going to the ME-R. It has been going slow with me being home only on the weekends, but that changes tomorrow!!! I am transferring back to Jax!!! I will have about a week or less before I go to the squadron which is deployed now. Jim nasty is back from Cali and is in the same squadron I am going to, he made it out there a few weeks ago. I will probably make it to the meeting on Thursday.

I am still here also,I guess I have kind of dropped off the face of the earth also.I havent been to a cruise -in or a bop meeting in a few months.My car is doing great changed plugs and have been tuning and man is she running great.Car started doing something funny the other day though,I was leaving a red light and I let her shift to second then I eased on the gas and right when the boost started to build around 5 psi and 45 mph I gagged it and she Chirped for a fraction of a second at 49mph.The car will do this everytime .Now that I know how to do it.I did it next to a couple of mustangs the other night and there jaws dropped.God I love this car!!!!!Seems like since I changed to 43 plugs and tuned some more it is coming alive.We do need to have a wrenching /cookout party sometime.

I PASSED!

I passed my board with flying colors.....one flight and i am a full fledged plane commander....no more studying!!!!!!!!!!!

what a weight lifted off the shoulders...now i can get back to normal life...oh wait, i have a wedding in 2.5 weeks.....ARG! HEHE

i am planning on going thursday to the meeting...

dan

I'm still here too, I rarely post. You know, if you don't have anything good to say.................
Actually I usually just read the turbo lounge, I don't really have any tech questions. Maybe if I drove the car I would. I need to iron out my wheelspin issues, probably adjust the suspension. I'm game if there's anything not too far.
and as far as Chip goes, I haven't seen him in ages.

hey funny you should mention the engine pulling party because theres one in the works. i have startedn taking off little stuffs from my motor so it will be easier. everyone let me know if and when you are up to it. i got some cash and im ready to kick some ass!!!!!

Hey 19year, first thing you HAVE to invest in is a can of PB blaster. Drench all the rusted bolts like on exhaust and turbo, and again a few days later. It will make life alot easier and you'll have far less broken studs, bolts and alot less cussing/busted knuckles. First off, what all do you want done to the engine wise? Stock rebuild? Any upgrades maybe a milder cam, bigger pistons, turbo, injectors? We need to know what you are planning first of what you want the car to do, then look at the money you have and then see what all you can afford and then go from there.
Casey

I am still haging in there. car still has a good tick on the bottom end.:mad: Where is all the guys hanging out at on sat. nights?I haven't been out there in a while. Will

well see there guys theres this little company called postons enterprises and they sell a rebuild kit that includes everything you need for an anything but stock rebuild....beefy cam, hypereutectic pistons (any size), seals bearings, everything but heads and turbo.

I'd say go at least 20 oversize pistons, (TRW's) I can give it a good valve job, but need to send out to have guides checked and possibly heads milled. You have got to get a SMC alky kit though. We can also get your radiator recored fpr $130 to keep it cool.

little change of plans here. in order to start school i cant get the full rebuild right now. i am just going to get my piston rings replaced and replace anything else i find wrong along the way to get the car going good. i also am going to put away for small stuff like injectors and chip, and that sort of thing. but i am ready to pull a motor when anyone else is. just let me know when is convinient for everyone else.

HEY GUYS I DECIDED I WANT TO PULL THE MOTOR NEXT WEEKEND. ANYONE WILLING TO HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. I THINK WERE GONNA TRY TO GET SOME FOOD GOIN OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANNA HELP A BROTHA OUT!!!

I'm still here

for the last year i have been working on my house and my 3 car air conditioned garage. I probably have not driven my Gn 2000 miles in this time. I have been working on my 1967 Chevelle, and hope to hear the ZZ502 make some noise in my chevy by the end of this month. It was nice of casey to mention me as i am mostly invisible any more. I'll tr and post a picture of the " GARAGE MA HALL" soon. My wife says I got carried away with my new play room. She never has understood the car thing!
CEYAL8R
Chip