What's goin on

pisano

Car idles like shit,,, il drive it and it drives pretty good but then after like 15 min of driving it starts to stutter then dies,, il pull over and check stuff over everything seems way hot, I got a temp gauge and it stays at 190-210 but it has new 160 tstat ,,, water pump only has like 5k miles on it, radiator is new fbody radiator but I was usin it before I rebuilt motor and when I rebuilt it, It had crazy amounts of head gasket sealer shit, maybe it's plugged? Oh yea and electric fan. I think motor I actually getting hotter than gauge says too,,, stalls out and plug wires are crazy hot at boot wher it connects to spark plug il wait a while and it will fire right back up. If I have air in the system how do I get it out

How do I adjust iac valve or should I just replace? I don't see no screw on it to adjust anything

I have 87 ECM and tt chip too

I don't have a Hotwire Walbro or adj fpr yet either

ok well i took the thermostat out and it looks bigger than the old one i had now that i put them next to each other and i ran it for a min with no thermostat and it stays stedy at 130 so now im gonna just buy a new thermostat so i figured that mystery out. now it still cuts out and over time the idle gets worse. when i started it this morning seemed to run really nice but 15 minutes later it shakes like nobodys business and then yup it cut off. when it cuts off il try to start and it will run for 2-3 seconds and cut off then eventually il turn the key and starter wont even crank the engine. il wait 20 minutes and the car will start right up again. what could possibly be wrong the tps? or iac? i dont think its the mass air flow cause if i disconnect it runs even worse.

stock chip and TT chip, coolant temp is like 120+ when it starts acting funny and iac i dont know till i get my scanmaster its on its way

brad said it could be my ignition module, i bought one from autozone all they had was duralast is that ok?

Car idles like shit . . . . .I got a temp gauge and it stays at 190-210 but it has new 160 tstat ,,, water pump only has like 5k miles on it, radiator is new fbody radiator but I was usin it before I rebuilt motor and when I rebuilt it, It had crazy amounts of head gasket sealer shit, maybe it's plugged? ..........

Are you sure the car does not have a leaking /lown HG?
You need to do a compression/leak down test before you proceed.

Are you sure the car does not have a leaking /lown HG?
You need to do a compression/leak down test before you proceed.

the car had a wrong sized thermostat thats why it was getting up to 210... i just rebuilt the motor with arp headbolts less than 200 miles ago, block was checked and heads were resurfaced i dont think i should have a headgasket problem

from what i understand, the tps has to be .42 or .44 something like that, but you can move it up down and side to side and it has to be like 4.7 at wot. what steps would you take to achieve these things, even if mine were right which i doubt cause ive played with it like crazy id like to be sure its right. same with iac, ive played with it a little also.

i returned the duralast module and bought a caspers harness plus hotwire and now im gonna try to find an ign module original or delco at a junkyard and if i cant find it buy a delco so in a couple days that will be out the way.

ive gone to a few junkyards but can not find part number 24503624 only 24503623,

i seen the type 2 conversion coils all over the place, which module would i need for those to work

oh yea and i took my coil off the 85 module and two of the wires were pushed into the gelly stuff and made a mold in it, when i changed the coil few months ago none of them were like that

from what i understand, the tps has to be .42 or .44 something like that, but you can move it up down and side to side and it has to be like 4.7 at wot. what steps would you take to achieve these things, even if mine were right which i doubt cause ive played with it like crazy id like to be sure its right. same with iac, ive played with it a little also.

In order to get a wider adjustment on the TPS some modification may be needed. I had to remove plastic from the bottom of both grooves in order to get a longer up down adjustment therby enabling 4.5 volts at WOT. I also had to remove the floor mat as well. Brad

but how do you even know where your at, and which way to turn + and which way -, i have no idea how to set the tps or the iac

but how do you even know where your at, and which way to turn + and which way -, i have no idea how to set the tps or the iac

The scan tool is needed inorder to tell where you are at. Adjusting is easy and takes a little time. We can talk you through it or point you to where there are posts on the subject. A search on GNTTYPE.ORG as everything you need. The TPS and IAC on the 84/85 works the same as the 86/87. Brad

You are the second comming of christ brad thanks

You have that label all wrong. I am an example of a fool who learned the hard way about these cars and emptied my wallet in the process. I only share info.
I know when it is time to stop. Brad

scanmaster will be here thursday and casper harness tomorrow, i got an ignition module from an 87 delta 88 coupe, it dont have any part # on it so im assuming its right, if i just hook it up to try it there is no harm done right.

only number i see on it is, M10