Whats Faster?

T-TYPE or LIMITED is faster especially the ones that came with no power option, you have to remember the GNs and GNXs came with alot of options making them a bit heavier and the TTA has a slightly lower gear ratio but its more of a monster at top end

T-TYPE or LIMITED is faster especially the ones that came with no power option, you have to remember the GNs and GNXs came with alot of options making them a bit heavier and the TTA has a slightly lower gear ratio but its more of a monster at top end

I wouldnt think Turbo limiteds would be a lot lighter.... their seats were pretty big, they had additional sound deadening insulation everywhere and most were optioned pretty well b/c they were the luxury end of the spectrum...

GNs had heavy steel wheels, drums, reinforcements.

A low optioned Turbo T would be a lot lighter.

TTAs did have better aerodynamics and different heads but i really dont know as they were heavy too.... I guess the GNX for the win;) :D

I'd go with the GNX and TTA being side by side over any other TR. GNX would launch a hell of a lot better, get the 60' and it's over.

stock for stock the TTA won over the GNX.. YOUR results may vary :p

Is this your own personal results?

I would have assume the the GNX would have a slight advantage, but the sample size those running stock GNX's hard at the track is pretty small comapre to TTA's.

Base priced GN's came pretty stripped as well. The biggest difference is they came with heavier steel wheels, and more often had heavier steel supports (87) and steel drums. (all of which aren't that hard to change) So the regular Turbo Regals variation have a small advantage. I think the Limited had more sound deadning, so they would be at slight disadvantage over the TType's, WE4 Turbo T and LC2 Base Regal's.

Is this your own personal results?

I would have assume the the GNX would have a slight advantage, but the sample size those running stock GNX's hard at the track is pretty small comapre to TTA's.

own results.. by the way TTAs and GNXs were not all garage queens.. Lot's of them were raced. hell the wifes new TTA was 3 days old with 300 miles on it when it hit the track :p

I havent seen a lot more/less sound deadning between the GNs and Limiteds I have pieced out over the years .. Limited carpet is different than a GN but it didn't seem heavier.