What's better for tuning sd or regular tt chip

BG86

Building Boost
I'm going to be making some changes to my setup and I have a tuner with a dyno. He says he can tune the car however I don't know what would be a better option.

I'll be racing at test and tune events only. Building for a daily fun driver.

Kind of a loaded question. Study the capabilities of the various options verses the modifications you are doing verses your own capabilities. Each option has its place. I went with the MAFT Pro, using it as a translator because I wanted a translator with closed loop boost control, it also has a speed density capability that I am not using. The TT chip is an excellent upgrade over stock giving tuning capability that is easy to use. The SD2 is as powerful as you can get with a stock ECM, but will require you to invest time to learn and tune. A great option if it fits your need.

My advice would be turbo tweak chip, make sure you have a strong fuel system, and a wide band O2 sensor with the power logger. That way you can learn your self also. I would not want a system that I could not tune myself unless I had the coin to pay somebody to spend the time to dial it in, so maybe an option if you have the money. Also, with a mostly stock car a maf translator with an extender chip is a good option. Also a good option on a not so stock car. Research till your satisfied with your choice.

What modifications do you have now? What chip do you have now? Scanmaster? Air fuel ratio gauge (wideband)?

None planning stages
If you have extra money that you need to get rid off ignore my reply.
1- Plan around your long term goal.
2- Never buy just good enough.
3- look at #1 before you buy anything.
My biggest waste of money was buying things twice because i listened to the "good enough" guys. Some will say that you can always sell your old stuff but all you are going to get is cents on the dollar. If i could restart i'd sacrifice performance today for a better tomorrow.

Big injectors with aggressive cam: speed density.

80lb or smaller injectors and relatively mild cam: MAF works fine and easy to tune.

TT chip? i love em. Strongly recommend having your final tune burned into the chip as a default unless you plan to mess with it all the time and stay on top of it .