What's A Good Tire Value in 245 50 16s

t-topflyer

Looking for opinions on tires. Specifically looking at 245/50/16s. Would like a good value. Will be used for typical driving, no drag racing, no autocross, just occasional cruising mostly on nice sunny days. Would like to have decent handling and traction though in case my foot does happen to go toward the floor and stay there for a bit. What brands and styles do you recommend? Where do you like to buy them? Thanks in advance for your help!

I'd like to see answers to this question too! I'm currently running near dead BFG T/A radials in 235/60/15. they spin quite a lot on the 1-2 shift even when it is warm. came with the car and were pretty old when i bought it. new ones would probably hook-up a bit better due to softer, less dried out rubber.

Looking for opinions on tires. Specifically looking at 245/50/16s. Would like a good value. Will be used for typical driving, no drag racing, no autocross, just occasional cruising mostly on nice sunny days. Would like to have decent handling and traction though in case my foot does happen to go toward the floor and stay there for a bit. What brands and styles do you recommend? Where do you like to buy them? Thanks in advance for your help!

I don't remember the brand name but Pep Boys has some decent ones (Hancook maybe?) for just under $400 for all 4, but think mount and balance was extra. I had really good luck with their Futura radials, and the prices are usually pretty good.

I have good year eagle gtII. Had good luck with them, bought them from a local dealer but cant remember what i paid. Bought a set of tires for my truck from discount tire about 15 bucks a tire cheaper than my local dealer for the same tire and free shipping. Just shop around. Good luck.

i like my Fuzion ZRi's in that size- they are cheap and do everything well except for snow..

tire rack

Using Cookies you can go here and compare tires with different brands.. they have reasonable prices. that's where i will be getting my two fronts. this coming spring. i will go with kumho

These are wroking awesome on my GN:

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3

A little pricey, but worth every penny. Drive them like it is dry in the rain. Dry they hook almost like a DR.

These are working very very well on my Vista (the F1's were out of stock)

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus

Work excellent in the rain.

My Buddy just bought these for his truck. He says they look and work very nice. He has no hp though.

General Altimax HP

BTW, At Tirerack, check under specs and it shows were the tire was made. All these tires are made in the USA.... :cool:

About as cheap as I can find is right at $65-$70 a tire in this size and those are brands like Kumho, Vulcan, Mastercraft, Falken and Hankook. I like the looks of the Hankook Ventus, Kumho Ecsta and the Falken Ziex. I've had the Falken Ziex before and didn't think they had very good traction and seemed to wear quickly. I've seen good feedback on the Kumho and will probably go with those unless someone chimes in with info that causes me to change my mind.

Well, from the tires you listed in your post, it seems like you are looking for the cheapest asian tires available. I would put any of those listed on my car based on looks & name alone, they're hideous.

Go with the Eagle GS-D3's or the BFG Sport or Super Sport A/S.

Tire Search Results

I can personally speak for the GS-D3's, Ive had them on my 96 Cobra and they are just sick. Incredible grip, wet or dry. I have the BFG Sports on my GTA rims at the moment and they are nice as well. Not as nice as the Goodyears, but definitely better than any $70 chinese tire. You're not going to find a nice tire in that size for under $100/pc. Just not going to happen.

Kumho and mastercraft aren't bad tires. THe kumho has a bit of a performance edge over the mastercraft. Neither tires are known for problems but the mastercraft tire is a bit softer tire than the kumho so they usually balance out better and ride better than the kumho. Now if I was going for a truck tire I would pick the kumho over the mastercraft. Never did like the way the truck mastercraft tires spun on the balancer, looked a bit rough. I've had both tires. Kumhos on the grand am, mastercrafts on the trans am. Both were good for the money spent

hello people; I got the General Altimax and really haven't had them long enough to give a real opinion. I didn't think the price was bad as there are some high $$ ones out there. There directional tires and if they perform as they look I'll be OK. But a few different people have commented about how they look. 245-50-16 has alot of meat on them. Enough for me and the street driving I do.
IBBY