Need some help finding the value of a GN

Wild_Dog

I met a guy who is looking to sell a Grand National, but isn't sure what it's value would be. I went to check it out in person the other day and it's a nice straight car with 51,000 miles. His uncle bought it brand new in 1987 and kept it mostly original until a few years ago when it was around 45,000 miles. Then he bought a bigger turbo, put a cam in it, and rebuilt the transmission. I think there were a few other things done like a new chip, the exhaust (has A.T.R. Mufflers and cut outs), and something over the intercooler but I don't know anything about the upgrades and neither does the seller. It's a hard top car and will come with the original wheels, interior, and a copy of most all of the receipts (however he can't find the one that says what turbo is in it). No rust, no major door dings or scratches, the body lines up straight, it runs good, and sounds really good. He told me he'd like to sell it for around $20,000 and being a one owner with low miles and some upgrades, I'm not sure if it's value is close to that or not. Another local guy offered him $15,000 but he thinks that is too low to sell it for.
I've included a few pictures, but I have more if anyone would like to see something specific. If you guys had an idea of the value it should be sold for it would help out the seller. Please feel free to ask any questions about the car, thanks.
IMG_2452.JPGIMG_2453.JPGIMG_2454.JPGIMG_2461.JPGIMG_2464.JPGIMG_2467.JPGIMG_2469.JPGIMG_2481.JPGIMG_2485.JPGIMG_2499.JPG

Looks like a nice car, why not just list it for 20K or best reasonable offer as a starting point he can always lower depending how soon he wants or needs to sell it. Are the front inserts between the bumper and the grill new and painted?

That looks amazing. I would definitely offer 16,500-17,500.

------edit: last guy offered $15k.. Offer 15.5k and creep your way up. I bought mine where the guy was selling for 15k and had previous offers of 10-13k and he would say no. Got it for 9k and found a blown head gasket. Would've been mad at myself had I gone high!-----

Use the market as your advantage. Give big kudos on its appearance and investment. Make the owner feel good because they most definitely poured their heart into it. Finally, add that the price is perfect in a market that not too many people are buying cars for one, and if they are, they'll lowball with little to no knowledge of the vehicle. Second, seeing that its been heavily modified it adds expense to its maintenance. While you appreciate the work of an enthusiast, he should recognize the risk factor of a car that's not original.

Keep on walking!!! Car looks nice but if you want to get a premium on a car your not going to have old junk/aftermarket parts on the motor and say its just been rebuilt.

Looks like a nice car, why not just list it for 20K or best reasonable offer as a starting point he can always lower depending how soon he wants or needs to sell it. Are the front inserts between the bumper and the grill new and painted?
The front bumper inserts are more of a black matte finish, they are not as shiny as the rest of the car. Because of this I'm doubting they are original, but they match do up perfect. I can add a close up picture tomorrow. They could list it locally, but the guy selling it doesn't know enough about the car to answer any questions most buyers may ask.

Also, I had left out the reason why it's being sold in my first post, sorry. The seller's Uncle was the original owner, he passed away about a year ago.
I asked him if they needed to sell it fast for some money, he said no. They want to sell it because it's a nice car and no one uses, drives, or works on it. It just sits on the garage. They figure someone else who can appreciate and use the car would be very happy with it.

15k sounds about right for that car. If you really want it offer 16k but i wouldn't go any higher. Looks like it just has some chrome dress up parts but underneath that it looks pretty much stock performance wise.

I don't think it's a $20k GN. I think for money like that you can get something REALLY nice.

I would offer $15k maybe $15.5k. For $20k, I'd expect the motor to be stock internally and not cammed. Seems to me it was raced just based on turbo/cam/tach above dash. Interior carpet could use some cleaning. Engine dress up could be cleaned up (some of it removed).

If you can get it for $15k that would be a good price for you and the seller. The cam really turns me off about it being original. For that reason, to me, it isn't worth $20k.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks for the info guys. I'm not looking to buy it myself, just help a guy sell it.
Here are a few more pictures, including a close up of the front bumper inserts.
Does anyone know what the thing on the intercooler is?
IMG_2451.JPGIMG_2460.JPGIMG_2470.JPGIMG_2479.JPGIMG_2486.JPGIMG_2487.JPGIMG_2495.JPGIMG_2521.JPGIMG_2477.JPGIMG_2478.JPG