whats a good drop kit?

mine sits a little bit higher than his because of the smaller rim/tire, i also have spring adjusters on the rear turned up a bit and my front end is 100lbs lighter with no a/c and rack and pinion.

Scot,
I looked over your thread again and you didn't mention it unless maybe I missed it, but you used stock type Ball Joints right. So that stance can be expected with all spring from DSE.
Yes, Stock style ball joints, stock spindles with the DSE 2" drop coil springs and the DSE gas replacement shocks. Now we are offering the NEW Ridetech factory replacement shocks that offer a single adjustable shock so you can adjust rebound while still having the coil springs.

What I can offer here is when you lower a chasis you need to recalculate the CG, IC, and moment of center if you plan on drag racing. Just lowering the car will effect how it handles over all but from a dead stop a lowered car will generally blow the tires off if it's lowered to much.

What I can offer here is when you lower a chasis you need to recalculate the CG, IC, and moment of center if you plan on drag racing. Just lowering the car will effect how it handles over all but from a dead stop a lowered car will generally blow the tires off if it's lowered to much.

how would one fix this issue, say using dse springs?

mine sits a little bit higher than his because of the smaller rim/tire, i also have spring adjusters on the rear turned up a bit and my front end is 100lbs lighter with no a/c and rack and pinion.

kidglok, how do you like the DSE setup for drag racing? How is your 60'? I bought these springs over a year ago and havnt installed them cause im worried it wont help my launch. Whats your experience?

kidglok, how do you like the DSE setup for drag racing? How is your 60'? I bought these springs over a year ago and havnt installed them cause im worried it wont help my launch. Whats your experience?

havent taken it to the track yet with it installed, i like it so far for the street tho

havent taken it to the track yet with it installed, i like it so far for the street tho

have you noticed anything on the street? like it blowing the tires off more easily or anything like that? I think i might just install them and be done with it.

have you noticed anything on the street? like it blowing the tires off more easily or anything like that? I think i might just install them and be done with it.

nah, nothing like that. What shocks are you using?

If the suspension is setup correctly,the car will still hook...its an old wives tall that a lowered cars won't hook. But you need adjustablity ....and do it correctly do a search for bent6 total suspension rebuild. Eibach lowering spring tall balljoints spc front upper n lower control arms h n r rear swaybar and control arms ..... Vari-shock double adjustables all the way around .....car sits pretty low. 60fts in the 1.4s

I've for the 2" DSE drop springs on my car as well, didn't affect my 60' time at all. Plus they are a blast on the street and autocross!

BuickMike231 said:
I've for the 2" DSE drop springs on my car as well, didn't affect my 60' time at all. Plus they are a blast on the street and autocross!

They really are AWESOME on the street!

I can tell you with my car and the DSE drop coil springs & DSE shocks my cars 60' is a 1.80 on regular Toyo street tires.. ;)