What's a fair price

Bertram65

What would be a fair price to pay for a shop to provide and install a GN motor and trans in my '67 GS? I would like about 450hp nice clean installation with everything setup correctly. I would provide the car with the current 340 motor and super turbine trans removed, one good thing would be there would be no emissions to worry about. Thanks for any info.

Attachments

• drivers front lowered nice.jpg
    drivers front lowered nice.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 136
Whats your location? There are a few Buick shops that may take that kind of job, but you'll have to talk to them yourself.

Anyways, that's one smooth ride!

Russ Merrit is in Carver MA and Jack Cotton is in Agawam MA.
Welcome To CottonsPerformance.com!

Both do top notch work but I have no idea how much $$ either one would charge for a transplant.
That looks like a cool project.Let me know if you give up on it and part w/ the 67. ;)

A motor and trans that will make 450hp will cost you the 8K easy! I would imagine for a quality job you are looking an easy 12-15K. I wouldn't touch it for less than that. Good luck, I would contact a buick guy for sure! That will be an awesome piece when done. Be sure to post up pics!

Russ Merritt can do a really neat job and FAST :cool: ... that alone will cost more $$$ but the end rusult would be very nice .. OR send it to me .. I may charge more because I'd have it for 5 years or so :eek: where are ya located ??

Actually if it were mine, It would have a 455 with a 2004R.....

I don't have the facility for such a project. Although I do have access to a shop/lift for winter work, that car would require a little too much time for me to do.

Russ Merritt can do a really neat job and FAST :cool: ... that alone will cost more $$$ but the end rusult would be very nice .. OR send it to me .. I may charge more because I'd have it for 5 years or so :eek: where are ya located ??

I am right next door to you in Lynnfield. I will PM you my contact info I would be interested in talking to you about the project.

Actually if it were mine, It would have a 455 with a 2004R.....

I don't have the facility for such a project. Although I do have access to a shop/lift for winter work, that car would require a little too much time for me to do.

I like the idea of a 455 but to me a GN motor would be much cooler, the car already has full Air Ride Technologies suspension on it, big disk brakes all around and 18" wheels and tires, I want something unusual and different, there are penty of older Buicks with 455s, not many with GN motors.

If you're set on a turbo 6, I would go with a production 4.1 and 9:1 compression.
450 hp is achievable without stressing the block and the extra cubes will give better off idle response and drivability when not in boost on a heavy car like yours.
p.s. sweet ride. :)