What you think of this car?

lee01

1GR8MMBR
Nice 87 Grand National with a ZO6 vette motor!
Would you?

1987 Buick Grand National **2004 Vette ZO6 Motor** - Toronto Buick Cars For Sale - Kijiji Toronto

8275477_20.jpeg

Nice car and it looks well done, but I don't know why anyone would want to do that to a GN. It just spoils an already unique car. If I saw something like that at a car show, I think I'd lose interest quickly. Just my opinion.

Probably for the same reason one would put an LSX motor in there. To have the potiental to go REALLY fast cheap and relatively safe. Something that is virtually impossible to accomplish with a 109, stage or TA. Definately needs a turbo tho.

My philosophy see's it as just a hopped up 87 Buick Regal. What's the book value on one of those?

If i came across a GN roller what had the harness and such missing, sure! Turbo LS1, heck yeah!

Ghey if you are young, gay if you are old. :p :rolleyes:

It's almost as fast as a stock motored GN with an alky. kit and some bolt ons. :p

It makes you wonder what happened to the poor ZO6. :eek:

Perfect motor for a primered black Monte SS. :cool:

Personally, I think it's cool for someone else. But it loses the "cool turbo-6" factor these cars had at the same time. Now if I had a roller and ran across the right deal on a LS6, I might consider it. But I doubt it. If I were going to do a V8 swap, it would probably be a LS7 shoe-horned in there and a turbo to finish things out. :D

All of that said, I do agree. The car looks well done.

I like it, the install looks good. Its better then somebody parting out a good looking car becuase the little turbo 6 died and they dont have the cash for a strong rebuild. Car can always be put back stock.

I'm new to GN but the reason I bought the GN is because 1. I love the body style... always have. 2. I like the turbo six because you can put 500+ hp to it and still get 20 miles to the gallon. I just feel that if I wanted a corvette motor I'd have just bought a 'vette and look at everyone else look at me in their rear view mirror... Someone had mentioned that the guy might not have been able to afford a new turbo 6 motor "if" he blew it up... wonder what he paid for a Z06 motor? Just my $.02

It is nicely done though...

Looks to be well done. I wouldn't personally go this route, but I have to admire workmanship like this!

I also admire the workmanship, but no, I wouldn't, build it, buy it, or trade into it. It is however, unique & individual.

Agreed, the workmanship and attention to detail are cool. To me the whole GN with out the turbo 6 kind of defeats the whole reason to own one.

But if you own a Grand National and want a V8, why not sell the GN with the turbo 6 to someone who wants it. Then take that cash and put it into a regular regal to make LS6 powered GN clone? I like the SS idea too. :D