What would you do if your girlfriend...

cool 84

Got hotair?
Left you stranded in a bad part of LA 120miles from home and threw your cell phone with all of your personal and work numbers out the window for closing the door too hard? Or keyed the crap out of your brand new black car (white primer underneath) for asking her to please not play chicken with the F-350 that accidentally drifted in her lane.

I'm seriously asking what steps to take in prosecuting her. I've filed a report and had the police take pictures. Going to get at least a temporary restraining order tomorrow. Getting estimates from the bodyshop tomorrow. I really don't want to file an insurance claim if I don't have to. I would rather have her pay out of pocket. At a minimum I want her to pay the $500 deductible. I'm also hoping the restraining order will stop her from the stalking she's been doing.

The problem is I got out of my car and there were no key marks. Started to go inside and saw her pull up, get out of the car and walk to my car. I ran over, startled her, and she eventually got in her car and left. I looked at my car and it was keyed. There's absolutely no doubt she did it but I didn't actually see her do it. I don't know if I have a chance in court and even if I did see her do it, I'm afraid it would be my word against hers in which case I would probably lose. Any thoughts on what I can do, legally of course, to make her pay? I thought it was dumb to key my car when I have insurance and she has none. Is this worth pursuing or should I go ahead and get it fixed out of my own pocket?

wow that's messed up. You my friend are a saint. If that were me you would be reading about her in the papers! :mad: I'd pay a team of girls to work her over good. She has no respect for anything! Call a lawyer and nail her a$$ to the wall with anything and everything you can. Sounds like you'll have your hands full for awhile.

What do you do?

You run far far away from the psycho and thank yourself every minute that you didn't ask her to marry you.

The satisfaction of knowing you won't have to deal with her any more is worth any damage she has done.

The sooner she finds some ricer and ruins his life, the better.

run is an understatement. Don't leave?.............expect more of the same then you'll have noone to blame but yourself

RUN!!!!! Seriously, to give a stalker like that ANY attention is a bad thing. It doesn't matter what you say or do to her. She will always think you too have a chance as long as you acklowledge her presence. I say cut your losses and disappear from her life.

She sounds like a psycho to me. Get the heck out, trust me...been there. Remember Lorraina Bobbett? Be glad your cell phone was ALL she tossed out the window........ :eek:

Hey if she is good looking send her my way i live in long beach and I am a good counselor in treating women with this type of disorder, i am sure that after I tie her to my bed post a few times she will completly forget about you forever.. :)

wikedgn.

Damn Matt, that absolutely sucks hard. Don't give her the attention by getting a restraining order. They are just a piece of paper and to a warped mind is just another way of saying "I love you".

Put a video cam up to watch your car, and if she comes around again it will be concrete evidence against her.

Keep a cool head though. Good luck

First, you don't admit that you didn't see her hands do the key-ing.
You tell the story the car was fine, you saw her next to your car, focused on her leaving hte area, then your car was keyed.
Next, you file with insurance and provide the insurance company with a copy of the restraining order. If a person (your ex-girlfriend) causes the insurance company a loss they are free to sue her for the damages. That is not your fight.
Be absoultely certain to document everything!
That means note down the date and time of day things happen and when they come to your recognition.
Call the police for anything - if it isn't an emergency don't dial 911, just call the station and tell them you need a report number for insurance and tell them the short version of what happened and get the report number.
Monetarily, it may not be worth pursuing now, but who knows what will come down the road, and if you don't have documentation then it all becomes heresay.

I'd kill her. But thats just me.

Wait, strike that--

Do her sister and her mom (same time if possible), video tape it, and send her a copy.

Then kill her.

In the famous words of Monty Python...

and the holy grail:

RUN AWAY , RUN AWAY

Than stay away. This can only get worse.

Remember

RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY

Rich

Been in the same exact situation. The way I handled it, and so far, it's been 3 years and no contacts aside from a "drunken dial" every now and then:

Avoid all contact at all costs. You'll have the urge to call and curse her out, etc. DON'T DO IT. Ignore, document any and all contacts - phone calls, emails, personal appearances (especially if they're places you would frequent but she wouldn't like your work, home, etc.)

KEEP YOUR DISTANCE. Do not return any calls, emails, etc. Save everything.

People like this usually, and pardon me for being cliche, make the noose by which they hang themselves. Eventually, she'll do something so out of the ordinary that the police will have no option but to intervene. But you need not get a restraining order, you need not call or email her. Just cut any and all ties and be done with it. Let it go and let her do herself in. Trust me. Been there, done that.

Any questions or further explanations, send me an email.
turbo916@optonline.net

Thanks for all of the advise. Here's an update. A detective called me and asked what the damage was. I have a $1,400 estimate from the bodyshop which makes it a felony. He left to take her to jail this morning but she wasn't at work. I found out later today from her mother that she was kicked out of the house last night so that might explain why she wasn't at work. I got a restraining order today so that will be served tomorrow. I had her number blocked so she can't call me. Out of pure luck I passed her going down a street 10 miles from both of our houses and jobs. She gave me a smirk and I looked the other way like I didn't see her. I know what gets to her and she seriously goes insane if she gets no attention. The case was put through to the DA today so it's sort of out of my hands. I know the best thing to do is never have contact again which is what I plan.

For those who want to see her, believe me, you don't. I usually have beautiful girlfriends with mental problems so I tried going with a not so beautiful one hoping she would be sane but she turned out to be ugly and insane.

first i would get back with her then slowly empty her bank account then after her money is almost gone id get her in bed and put it in her butt and just as you finish id tell her drop dead hooker

CHANCE said:
first i would get back with her then slowly empty her bank account then after her money is almost gone id get her in bed and put it in her butt and just as you finish id tell her drop dead hooker

She has next to nothing in her account. I'm going to sue for my time off of work which a day's pay for me is nearly a week for her. As for the butt, I don't think that would be paying her back :) She's a sicko. Same goes for calling her a hooker. She would probably be turned on.