What when wrong?

So do you have a boost gauge? Going off wheel spin is too vague to diagnose, especially when you change tires. I would go off any changes in peak boost and how fast it spools. What are you doing for boost control? I'm just going to assume you are using a 91 classic chip from TT and boost is being controlled in the chip using the stock solenoid.

If you are saying that it is slow to build boost, then yes I would say that is a converter that is way too tight. Advertised stall speed is really not accurate as different companies advertise that number based on different variables. They may have been basing that 2200 on a motor putting out way more low end torque than yours. If you plan to keep the stock turbo, you want something that can flash to around 3000RPM in order to take advantage of the peak torque range on a stock motor.
I put the trans in myself. The new trans shifts good and hard but does not perform. Before the Transmission and new tires it would ripp the tires off. Like I said why I had the Transmission out I changed the chip and injectors ,the coil pack and the tires. I adjusted the TVC to stop the car from jumping in and out of OD.
I am having the same problem I had a local shop install my converter I had a 2800 stall installed with my te60 turbo what should I set my tvc to ?

The TV cable doesn't do anything to affect converter stall speed. Push on the D shaped tab on the side of the TV cable bracket and pull the cable as far back to the fire wall as it will go. Get in the car with the engine off and slowly and firmly press the gas pedal to the floor. Make sure there is no floor mat under the gas pedal. Thr TV cable will self adjust to about where it should be. Most of the time you can just leave it there. It only affects part throttle shifts. Wide open throttle shifts are controlled by the governor in the transmission.

Lonnie said that I didn't have to fill the converter before installing. I am not have any problem with it building boost. After talking to Lonnie and driving the car today some of it could be the tires are bigger and some in the converter. Thanks for all the information because maybe it could help someone else .

Was the car stock when you got it? Many of these cars have been modded and then most of the aftermarket parts removed to sell the car later so the converter that was in the car may not have been stock. A lot of times people remove the external aftermarket parts but dont go thru the hassle of changing out a converter so its possible your had a higher stall converter then you changed it back to stockish type converter when you installed the new transmission.

You are right I will check the converter that I removed from the car, it may not be stock. Thanks!

How can I tell what the stall of a converter is if it's out of the car, Or if it is a stock converter?

Question! With this converter get better over time or does it need to be changed. Lonnie said that he thought that it maybe too tight and would replace it if I send it back.

I'm pretty sure the stock GM converters were rated based on a lower torque than what the turbo cars were rated at. 2200 was not accurate. They were probably more like 2500. The more torque you apply, the higher it will stall. See if you can get your converter restalled for 3000 or so. If the torque rating they use to calculate stall speed is high, then you will probably end up with a 2600 - 2800 which would be perfect for a stock turbo. Some places will restall you for free one time if it is within a certain time period of purchasing the converter. Make sure to check into that with yours. Just go on the loose side a little. You won't regret it. You have a lockup converter so it is not like it will cause too much heat or hurt fuel economy when you are at cruise.

I would do away with the 12" all together and go with a 9.5 or even 10"2800+

It does have D5 stamped on it.

Stock converters do have a D5 stamped on them but many companies made restalled D5 converters in the 90's that were 2800-3000 rpm units so its hard to tell for sure what you may have without opening it up. The restalled D5 converters were cheap and pretty common in the 90's-early 2000's.

It only affects part throttle shifts. Wide open throttle shifts are controlled by the governor in the transmission.

Wrong! Shift rpm is determined by the governor and valve body both and the valve body NEEDS to know how much throttle you're giving it to avoid burning up. It knows how much throttle you are giving it via the tv cable/system and its proper adjustment and geometry. This hydraulic signal from the tv valve influences everything else and it MUST be right or it will toast that bitch to the ground and I don't care if it was built by God himself.

Wrong! Shift rpm is determined by the governor and valve body both and the valve body NEEDS to know how much throttle you're giving it to avoid burning up. It knows how much throttle you are giving it via the tv cable/system and its proper adjustment and geometry. This hydraulic signal from the tv valve influences everything else and it MUST be right or it will toast that bitch to the ground and I don't care if it was built by God himself.

Good point. Mine was built by Jesus Christ (initialed JC on the case ;)) and TV cable adjustment is critical even for WOT. I've seen where it is too tight and the thing won't shift at WOT because the line pressure is too high.