What vac lines are a MUST

DailyDrifter

The Slow and the Curious
So i'm gonna delete some of the vac line under the hood. I know I need 1 for the FPR, 1 for the MAP (XFI), and 2 for the wastegate. I plan on deleting the ones for the EGR, cannister, stock MAP........ I also need to know if you need one for the vacuum cannister near the drivers side fender? Thanks

Depends on if you still have your AC. You will also need one dedicated to the PVC valve. I usually let my boost controller (WG) and MAP share one vac line. Don't forget your boost gauge.

Boost guage?????:biggrin: I forgot to mention that I need one for the PCV. The car doesnt have a/c but still has heat. I dont plan on changing anything that effects the blend doors.

So i'm gonna delete some of the vac line under the hood. I know I need 1 for the FPR, 1 for the MAP (XFI), and 2 for the wastegate. I plan on deleting the ones for the EGR, cannister, stock MAP........ I also need to know if you need one for the vacuum cannister near the drivers side fender? Thanks

I only have one....for the FPR.

Screw the XFI MAP sensor (AEM style MAP sensor) into the back of the intake.

Use CO2 or nitrogen for your wastegate control. Get boost for the wastegate from the turbo outlet.

The above are a must, anything else is optional for your car.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I have no idea how to use this forum at all, so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but could someone point me in the right direction here and get me to the topic or tell me/ show me which lines operate the blend doors or any other problems they might have that would cause them to fail? The blower works and seems to adjust properly, but I can't change which vents the air comes out of, and I can only feel a small amount of moving air from under the dash.

Attached is a diagram of the lines from the vacuum block. Maybe that will help.

Attachments

• vac_federal.jpg
    vac_federal.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 134