What upgrades should I do to a stock WE4

wornoutshoes

Like the topic says. I am looking to upgrade my WE4. I want to start with a K&N filter. I obviously cannot just slap on a filter. I need to know where to get the intermediate tube. What other upgrades would you recommend? I am just looking for some basic upgrades, not looking to get into converter or turbo as of yet.

Thanks...

I think a good street setup would be:
stock turbo
stock injectors - cleaned - 60.00
Large neck put on stock innercooler 75.00
ported elbow on down pipe - DIY
adjustable waste-gate - DIY
fuel pump upgrade - 150.00
gutted cat - DIY
boxed lower control arms _ DIY
ATR sway bar (could get by without) - 180.00
Nitto DR - 300.00
Alky injection - 450.00
Scantool - 225.00
turbotweek chip - 75
9 in K & N - 45
Replace timing chain & vale springs - less than 100 if DIY
This should get you a 12 second street car

ES1 was on the money but do alot of reading up first. The main things are the fuel pump, good exhaust, cold air intake system, good chip, adjustable wastegate, Scanmaster and some sticky tires. Oh yeah the valve springs and chain are a good idea too if they are stock and worn. :cool: Frank

You are in Orlando... There is a huge centeral Florida Buick club. get in contact with them, I am sure someone would love to help you.

Yeah, Zad and Troy knew I was picking this thing up. I havent gotten in contact with them yet, but I need to. I sent him a PM. I guess we will have to see if he responds. Thanks for the help guys.

My brother and friend both drive F-bodies. They have an F-body MAF laying around that they aren't using. I see that some people use a B-body MAF along with a translator. I was wondering if I can use this for some sort of upgrade.

We picked up a 9" cone filter, 160 degree stat., adj. FPR, adj. waste gate actuator, boost guage and pod, fuel pump hot wire kit, plugs and wires, valve cover breather, and a PCV check valve. According to Kevin from KDK performance, we need a fuel pump, chip, slicks, and race gas in addition to what we have to run high 12's. Right now we are going to install all of this and fix the fuel leak and up the boost to 15 PSI. It should be fun tonight.

get a race chip from eric in my signature.

15psi aint squat for these cars on race gas, you need it at 21-23 IF IF IF you dont get any knock-

remember
if you use race gas, use a race chip
if you use pump gas USE A STREET CHIP

that right there will save you head gaskets in the future!

BW

Do yourself a favor and buy a scan tool. Scanmaster works great for dialing it in . Simple hook up and you can monitor o2 and knock while driving it. Definately get a scan tool!