What transmission filter and gasket too use?

I like Wix Filters. Some places like CarQuest private label Wix but they are the same filter (part #'s are almost identical). Wix has always been good to me.

I put a 700r4 bottom feed filter in mine.

If you decide to go this route something needs to be done with the pressure switch. It can ground out on the filter causing problems.

Is the 700r4 filter direct bolt in other than insulating the pressure switch? Same pan? What application was the filter for?

I am using a stock pan. If I had the coin I'd get a fancy deep one but that just isn't in the budget.

I modded the black clip to hold the filter over.

This is what was stamped on the filter. I bought it at a trans supply house when I bought the clutches and such for the overhaul.

I'm thinking the AC Delco because they have them down the road at Advance. Does anyone recommend for or against using that?

I just use whatever parts store brand is handy and the enclosed pan gasket.

I ended up just ordering the WIX filter and gasket that comes with it. My old filter had PA66+GF33% on it. I tried searching that part number on google and all I could find was that filter is used on a f250. I'm wondering if the wrong filter was installed or if they are just interchangeable.