what tranny does my 4.1 have?

E

Eighty2Regal

is there like a number in the vin that tells me what tranny i got or what trannies came with the 4.1 and are there shift kits for them? I want one that shifts REAL hard and where can i get one.

is my regal a decent platform to make fast even tho i have the 4.1??? I have 14 inch tires would 15 inch t-type rims look alot better and are 15's better looking on these cars?

If you have a 3 speed auto than it's a 350 trans.
Yes the 4.1 is a great platform to build on :)
Yes 15" rims look better, look at some of the pics from bristol of the T-types. I prefer the GN rims over the 84-87 T-type rims

B4Black list a book on his site for V6 preformance that has all kinds of tweaks for this engine. It's about $26 and well worth it :D

i have 3 speed tranny now where does it exactly say on the tranny what model it is??? I also heard they put 200 thm behind the 4.1 is this true or not?

Originally posted by be_regal
where can I find this book?

"V6 Performance" by Pat Ganahl. It's copywitten about 1982, but Buick didn't make any changes to the 3.8 2-barrel RWD after that anyway. It covers other V6's, but the biggest section is the Buick V6.

You should be able to find it at Barnes & Noble, Borders, etc.

Originally posted by Eighty2Regal
i have 3 speed tranny now where does it exactly say on the tranny what model it is??? I also heard they put 200 thm behind the 4.1 is this true or not?

It may have "MX2" branded into the bellhousing in 2" high numbers. This is the code for the 350C.