What trailer for big low cars?

slow87

I've been borrowing my buddies trailer, but its time for me to get my own. I forgot who made it, but it's an 18 foot dovetail. Works great for his malibu wagon, and f bodies, but my impy is another story. I need to make about 15 feet of ramp so I don't get snagged. I also can't open the doors enough to get in. I figure someone has got to make what I need, but who?

i have seen some on ebay that the bed tilts and the fenders are removeable. you need no ramps for it and you can get in and out of them. i had a buddy that would forget to remove the fender everytime he loaded a car and could not get out.

Try a..

I've been borrowing my buddies trailer, but its time for me to get my own. I forgot who made it, but it's an 18 foot dovetail. Works great for his malibu wagon, and f bodies, but my impy is another story. I need to make about 15 feet of ramp so I don't get snagged. I also can't open the doors enough to get in. I figure someone has got to make what I need, but who?

true rollback. I have a 20' Texas Rollback. They are not cheap, but I've had mine since 94, and zero problems. I can load a lowered Vette on it, and use no blocking.
There's a BIG difference between a tilt, and a rollback, with the roll being the lower and easier to load.
Once the car is on the trlr, you can open the door, and get out, then return the deck to transport position. All without lifting the fender off....:biggrin:

Try these folks Terry's Product 1
They have dealers scattered around the country I beleive. I got mine from them and they offer a lowering package that brings the deck less than 18" off the ground, and plenty of fender clearence without removing them. Not to mention they have great prices from what I had compared.
I get my TTA on and off without a scrape and doors open fine. The TTA sits about 4.5" off the ground at its lowest point.
The dove tail is a must on a low car in order to be able to get under the rear to strap it down.

Rollback looks nice. I'm assuming sloan just sells texas rollback are their own? looks like 5,400-7000 for what I want. :eek: