WHAT TO YOU THINK ITS WORTH

griffgoody

To make a long story short. I just purchased a blue t-type regal. Its been stored roughly 8 yrs I think. The motor has less than 500 miles on it. Trans has less then 50 miles i've been told. Car is very solid. I've known this car for about 10-15 yrs. All the car needs is some TLC. I'm looking to put some injectors in it in the next wk or so and fire it up. I already have an 86 GN i've been sinking money into. Alky/new rebuilt trans/ pump and hotwire kit etc... So wife is kinda upset about this purchase. haha. The car reads 81,300. One owner with me being the 2nd. Just in case I have to sale. What do you guys think its worth. I thought motor had champion heads on it. But I think champion did a full port job on heads and intake. The car has a ATR cam. Dont know specs. Te-44 turbo/bigger radiator and will have 50 or 60# injectors as soon as I find some at a good price. Just need a little advice on this one. Would really like to keep and have a T-Type and a GN. But we shall see. Tks John

Attachments

• securedownload[2].jpg
    securedownload[2].jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 249
  • securedownload[2].jpg
    securedownload[2].jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 251
  • tn[1] (2).jpg
    tn[1] (2).jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 240
  • tn[3].jpg
    tn[3].jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 247
  • securedownload[1].jpg
    securedownload[1].jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 251
  • tn[1].jpg
    tn[1].jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 245
  • tn[2] (2).jpg
    tn[2] (2).jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 240
Tell her it's too late; it's already paid for and nobody wants these trash-heaps any more but you, so they're not really worth anything. Keep the T for a "sleeper". I'd like to have your problem!! I've thought about finding a T, but I know the wife wouldn't go for it. I'm considering doing it and keeping it a secret just to see if I could get away with it - it's better to have an affair with a car than with another woman!!!

Not running not knowing if it's gonna run, who knows what it's worth. o_O

I would not buy a car with a nice parts list that wasn't running.

I would assume the motor, fuel lines, inj. pump, etc. were dead and pay accordingly.

8 years is a long time to store a car and condition would depend on how it was stored.

You get it running and on the road you should be able to make a decent profit. :cool:

That is what I would tell the wifey. :D

You also need to know is it 81K or 181K or 281K miles. ;)

I like the color too, I painted a motorcyle that color it looks like the Caddy paint color from the 70s I used, and it looks to be in good condition so get it running. :)

Not running not knowing if it's gonna run, who knows what it's worth. o_O

I would not buy a car with a nice parts list that wasn't running.

I would assume the motor, fuel lines, inj. pump, etc. were dead and pay accordingly.

8 years is a long time to store a car and condition would depend on how it was stored.

You get it running and on the road you should be able to make a decent profit. :cool:

That is what I would tell the wifey. :D

You also need to know is it 81K or 181K or 281K miles. ;)
Its 81k. The guy that bought it was the owner of it since new. But he got killed in a four wheeler accident last month. Since I was getting mine back on the road. He started working on his. Carfax has nothing after 2004.

I'm gonna buy some 50# injector and a TT chip from a member here to get things started. I will keep ppl posted. Cross your fingers. Haha.

Beautiful car,just tell the wife you bought it for her, it's worth a shot.

Went out 2day and put Ac Delco Plugs (Gapped at 32--If I need to Gap higher or lower plz let me know) in. Finished wiring up Fuel Pump with Hotwire kit. Put some 36# inj in just to make sure car would crank (Have some 50# inj on the way). Put about 10 gal of 93 in tank and fired her up. Car sat there and ran with no problems. Gonna change out alot of the lines/hoses and get a TT Chip and drive around some to shake the car down a little. Gonna put my scanmaster out of my GN in to see what the numbers are. I'll post them as soon as I get a chance. Probably in about a wk or so. Have to work this wkend. But i'm Very Happy about this car. Thank this is gonna be a very solid car. Can't wait until I can take her to the track. :)

Hooked my scanmaster up 2Day. And its not working. Not getting any power off the port holes. What do you think is wrong. Bad wires. Fuse blown. what do I need to check. Also, car ran good for a while at idle. But went dead. Pulled plugs and they were fouled out. Need to wait until I can run tha 50# inj and the right chip.

Just my 2 cents here, don't put in the bigger injectors until you have a car that runs correctly. Change one thing at a time. What do you mean by "went dead". Did it quit running or is the electrical dead? Does it still crank but not fire? Does it fire but not run? The fact that your plugs are fouled out could mean too much fuel, if that's the case the last thing you want to do is put in bigger injectors! Again, just my 2 cents, by no means an expert.
Hugh

Just my 2 cents here, don't put in the bigger injectors until you have a car that runs correctly. Change one thing at a time. What do you mean by "went dead". Did it quit running or is the electrical dead? Does it still crank but not fire? Does it fire but not run? The fact that your plugs are fouled out could mean too much fuel, if that's the case the last thing you want to do is put in bigger injectors! Again, just my 2 cents, by no means an expert.
Hugh
Tks for info. I think the car was set up for bigger inj. It had 42# inj with some old chip in tha car b4 I bought it. Thinking that tha 36# inj and that chip is not working good 2gether. Ive talked to eric. I'm gonna get me a chip made. It's not eletrical dead. Just loaded up and quit. Gonna trying and get tha port working so I can use scanmaster and see whats going on. Try to do this one step at a time. Tks

You can't vary your inj. more than 10%. If it had 28#ers in it 30's would be the max increase w/the existing chip. The d/c for the smaller injector is probably too long for the larger ones. Eric could explain it better.

You can't vary your inj. more than 10%. If it had 28#ers in it 30's would be the max increase w/the existing chip. The d/c for the smaller injector is probably too long for the larger ones. Eric could explain it better.
Tks for info. Think i'm just gonna try and get my GN in tha 12 sec club first. Then start back on T-Type.

On the T, the fuse for the OBD port is the cig lighter fuse, check that first. No power at the OBD is usually a blown cig fuse. Keep in mind fuses usually don't blow for no reason. you might want to unhook the hot wire going to the back of the lighter before swapping the fuse if it is in fact blown now.
Hugh