What to do (Monte or Olds)

fc227

1986 Grand National
Ok everyone,

I would like your input. What to do with the Monte Carlo VS the Olds. The Monte is an A/G body so everything should fit; I have to check for the down pipe. However, the drive train will bolt right in. (rear and everything

The bodes on both cars are about in the same shape. However, the Monte weights 3460 vs 3340 for the olds (with me in it).

If it were you project what would you do?

All input welcome.

OK, I have too many opinions on this.

If I had to choose, I'd probably leave it where it is, because I'm not a big enough fan of the 78/80 Monte to goes thru the hassle of swapping drivetrains.

If the drivetrain were already out and I was deciding between the two, I'd pick the Monte. Just becuase I'd make it look like a '80 Turbo Monte (factory hybrid). I'm 51% Monte/49% Cutlass.

What I probably would really want to do is sell both and get another body, in this order of preference.

1. The free '82 GN body (but that's far away, and a lot of work)
2. 78/80 Buick Century fastback
3. 78/80 Pontiac Grand Am (neat, forgotten cars)
4. 81/87 Pontiac Grand Prix

I like Buick in Buick. (I'm not a Buick nut, it just seems right). Since Pontiac lost it's own motors, they all seem to be hybrids already with the Buick V6 NA being very common. A Turbo V6 wouldn't feel so out of place. (A 301T would be nice to.) :)

I LIKE THE MONTE(I HAD A 79 WITH A 350 CHEVY)AND I REALLY LOVED THAT CAR.I LIKED THE WAY IT STARED AT YOU IF YOU LOOKED AT IT FROM THE FRONT.I LIKE THE BODY LINES OVER THE OLDS.IT JUST SEEMS TO HAVE A LITTLE MORE SWAGGER.MINE HAD A ALUMINUM DECK LID TO HELP MAKE IT LIGHTER WHICH I DIDN'T EVEN KNEW THEY MADE UNTIL I TRIED TO PUT A CB ANTENNA ON IT AND IT WOULDN'T STICK.PLUS LIKE YOU SAID EVERY THING WILL FIT RIGHT IN.SOMETIMES A LITTLE CHANGE KEEPS THE INTEREST LONGER.PLUS YOU'VE MADE ONE FAST NOW TRY THE OTHER.WHEN I PUT IN THE 350 IN MINE I REMOVED THE HEATER/AC BOX FROM THE ENGINE BAY AND JUST PUT A SHEET METAL IN IT'S PLACE.THERE WAS ALL KINDS OF ROOM AND A DOWN PIPE WOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM.I DIDN'T WORRY ABOUT HEAT SINCE I ONLY DROVE IT IN THE SUMMER.MY VOTE IS MONTE.