What the hell in the world is causing my hot start problem???

Come on Wadl dont pick on me..lol ;)
it could be a number of things, batt cables, the pintls in injector not closing, faulty temp sensor maybe? he did say he lets it sit for awhile, dunno if its 45 mins.

If you have an idea or possible fix just post it, i dont understand about no one believing you and now that makes me more curious..no one believes that i seen Sasquatch either but i dont care:D

:biggrin: too funny!

When I installed a 3.8 TB motor in my hybrid, it wouldn't start. I got a reading from the cam sensor and it had a varying voltage of only 1-2 volts. I put in another cam sensor and it had a varying voltage of 4 or so and the motor fired right up. Both cam sensors were adjusted the same way, correctly, so I question the totally dead or not dead theory. Good luck!

Drove the car today again to work, came ome did a few errans and no starting problem today. I even shut it off frequently and everytime it started it right up again. All I did was lower the fuel pressure a bit.

Drove the car today again to work, came ome did a few errans and no starting problem today. I even shut it off frequently and everytime it started it right up again. All I did was lower the fuel pressure a bit.

Looks like LSTTYPE had the correct fix for this problem.

I'm glad you got it sorted out and that it continues to be trouble free for you.:smile:

My car has msd 50s also, now I am banking it was your fuel pressure! I only run about 40 psi vacume off. When I ran 44 or more I got a hot start condition.

As of today I have lowered the pressure to 42 psi with line off. No hot start problem today. Also the car is even more fun to drive! I can feel more power, the only way I can describe it is ROCK SOLID ACCELERATION!

As of today I have lowered the pressure to 42 psi with line off. No hot start problem today. Also the car is even more fun to drive! I can feel more power, the only way I can describe it is ROCK SOLID ACCELERATION!

The best part about this board is the input Left wing to right Nut. Pick and choice your options.. At least the people on here give you everything to consider when a Garage will say " this is the problem hehe so Iz replaced the dohicky, I have to get a something now..I call you right back"LOL When I gt the other dohicky in to fix the problem. ya okay LOL :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I had the riddle win award thou right for--what month is this?:tongue:

If somebody knows the answer by all means post it and quit playing with him.

Oh..BTW New Bern Sucks. should be Did Burn! LMAO:eek: :eek:

Sorry had to do it!! i have a town near me called Onaway....On a way to what I always hear. I mean I say. LOL

On a side note..screw you...We all had the answer. Mine wasn't any different than the others.It's pick and choose what it might be, if your not grown up to know that call a 1 900 number line. Never mind, Your from DID BURN and is Homeless.. Sorry.Best of luck, I can send you a refrigerator box 9.95 plus shipping. LOL just not Kidding..Hey it's past 10 o'clock you know where your Ma Is???

I have MSD 50's and I have never had this problem with my car. I have mine set 45PSI line off. I have the trans plus, 3.5 MAF with chip from FT.

Been running this way for years! :confused:

Dannyo

UPDATE AGAIN!!!

Tuns out not to be the fuel pressure and not a heat soak problem at all.
Problem keeps occuring again. Spray bottle trick didn't work.
I am however confident that this time I am hot on the trail.
Whenever the problem occurs now, I just discconect the negative battery cable, let the computer reset itself(clear all codes) and it starts right up.
It happend twice again and both times I plugged my OTC 4000. Every thing looks nornal except for these two error codes.

CODE 33 Maf Sensor high. I am running a regular translator with LS1 3.5 maf. The switches are set at ON ON ON OFF. Round dials are set at 1 and 0.

CODE 41 Tach input error.

Problem Solved.

UPDATE!!!

It took me quite a few weeks to diagnose and figure out truly what was causing this problem and I scratched my head a few and many times. Several of the vendors has never encounter a situation quite like mine.

Spray bottle technique is what helped me out and now that I have figure it out, I can't believe this was the problem all along. I sprayed and eliminate each sensor and over look one. I know the cam sensor either worked or they dont. For this reason I have never use the spray bottle on the cam sensor. All along it was the cam sensor.

On the positive not I Have enough cam sensors from Standard Ignition.
Thanks to all for their help. I appreciate it very much.

See, you can never ass u me anything! Thats what always gets ya. The one thing you know it can't be, but it sure ass he!! can. Glad it's fixed. That one is going into my memory bank for future withdraw!