What the hell in the world is causing my hot start problem???

If you're coil pack isn't new, then ohm it out- should be no more than 11-13k between the towers if memory serves me.

The coils is not causing the no start. If that was the case, all three coils would be going bad at one time and then coming "back to life" all at the same time.

I am taking all of your suggestions into consideration. I am swaping the fuel regulator this weekend and I already have a spray bottle full with water in the trunk. I have no access to coil/module tester unless I purchase it myself.

You can get the module tested for free at most of the auto parts stores.

You can get a multimeter fairly cheap to test the coil pack with.

The injectors are leaking down and flooding the motor with fuel while it sits. If you have spark during the no start condition thats probably it. Check the fuel pressure while cranking too

Holy Cow..look at all the responses...great group man...

I am an Nobody in the buick comunity, But may I ask you this Sir."if you give it 1/2 an hour or so does it start??? If you answer yes then I shall give you the Fix. It is not coil, or wires or heat stroked(soaked) anything. I did the same thing for a long time and @ 730am in the morning(long change) fixed and replaced the problem to never have the problem again.. With no further ado I await your response. And Because I am not JO jO on the tell all channell(I THINK SHES DEAD BTW) I will sit unabashed and shy nonetheless but will give you a quick fix to your problem if answer is yes!. Best regards and luck Don W:)

:confused: :confused: :confused:
Holy Cow..look at all the responses...great group man...

I am an Nobody in the buick comunity, But may I ask you this Sir."if you give it 1/2 an hour or so does it start??? If you answer yes then I shall give you the Fix. It is not coil, or wires or heat stroked(soaked) anything. I did the same thing for a long time and @ 730am in the morning(long change) fixed and replaced the problem to never have the problem again.. With no further ado I await your response. And Because I am not JO jO on the tell all channell(I THINK SHES DEAD BTW) I will sit unabashed and shy nonetheless but will give you a quick fix to your problem if answer is yes!. Best regards and luck Don W:)

Dude did you simply try to turn the fuel pressure down assuming you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator? There is also a way of "clearing" our cars if they are flooding. I think you hold the pedal half way while cranking. I think it talks about it in our owners manual. Ill bet money it a heat soak issue and not an spark issue.

If the injectors are leaking down causing the no start then ALL 6 of them are leaking down. Not likely but possible.

Alky system leaking in the engine could cause it.

i was just reading up on thread somewhere about coil heating up causing that, meaning it runs fine untill you shut it off then phifft, its either coil/mod or starter solenoid and if you go to start and its not doing the roh roh roh then its got to be heatsoak in ignition?

I asked , "if you wait 1/2 an hour or so 45 minutes. "WILL THE CAR START"??
??Not a riddle! A question. I don't know your answer so I don't know as of yet your solution, I am Hoping that is the case then I will tell you the FIX. Why:confused:

yes please riddle me that one so i can print for future ref..thanks

I am simply telling a possible answer and save him sum bucks through EXPERIENCE sir, answer My question to gain a fix. Thats all, I know with 90% certainty what the problem is. But I know he won't believe it or others. I'm not running 8 sec cars and own a Garage and v6 parts dealership etc. giving My EXPERIENCE. with what I have with my 84, 86 and 87 Buick Grand Nationals and Turbo T types. He is a grown man and will hopefully decide under is own thought process the next "STEP" irregardless of What I SAY" This is a internet CHAT ROOM Everyone does as they please to an extent "take it or leave it" is always the OPTION. No Riddle:smile:

BTW what is so confusing??? I asked with 3 Question marks a QUESTION. Why is that confusing or a riddle..I didn't use big words or anything. Now I'm :confused: :confused: :confused:Oh and On top of that I'm trying to be a Post Whore! ya Okay

If somebody knows the answer by all means post it and quit playing with him.

Come on Wadl dont pick on me..lol ;)
it could be a number of things, batt cables, the pintls in injector not closing, faulty temp sensor maybe? he did say he lets it sit for awhile, dunno if its 45 mins.

If you have an idea or possible fix just post it, i dont understand about no one believing you and now that makes me more curious..no one believes that i seen Sasquatch either but i dont care:D

Don,t know where you are in this but have you pulled the fuel cap when it wouldn't start? I had the wrong gas cap kill 2 fuel pumps and make me just about sell a car before. It would not vent and as I ran the car it pulled a vacume on the tank to the point of killing the motor. let it sit @ 30min and wala. It sounds like an electrical problem in your case but it's a free check. Good luck Jon Hanson

Fuel pressure is 44psi with the line off. It was at 46psi. I drove the car this past weekend and I was hoping it would do it again but it did not. I boost a few time and get it to optimum operatimg temp but to my dismay not ot start problem this weekend. The car does not have ALKY. THe injectors on there are MSD 50's and has aprroximately 2K on them.

When it does happend and like I have mentioned earlier it usually takes about 15 minutes wait for it to start back up.

Coil nad module are here, however I would like to use my spray bottle and eliminate part by part when the heat soak does re-occur.

??

Don,t know where you are in this but have you pulled the fuel cap when it wouldn't start? I had the wrong gas cap kill 2 fuel pumps and make me just about sell a car before. It would not vent and as I ran the car it pulled a vacume on the tank to the point of killing the motor. let it sit @ 30min and wala. It sounds like an electrical problem in your case but it's a free check. Good luck Jon Hanson

What setup were you running??
Unless you had the cannister line plugged, the tank cap would not cause this problem. The OEM cap is not vented.

What setup were you running??
Unless you had the cannister line plugged, the tank cap would not cause this problem. The OEM cap is not vented.

There are some very knowledgeable people on this board! They can pick anything and everything \out as long as they see the post. Thats what I love about this Haven of knowledge.

I suggest that you change out your Starter again.
It sounded liked it was cranking fine. I was figuring compression, and spark plug wires etc, Changed my starter(Didn't buy a cheap one) and VAROOM problem was solved.

I stated earlier that I would usually wait min. of 20 mins before it would go, at the time that was why I was thinking lost compression, after it was getting to be 30-45 mins, mind you on a very warm day. changed it out and never had a prob. again starting hot. Best of Luck

Sorry for the Riddles, let us know and of course you have every other problem to check also if Mine is not a cure.:biggrin: