what subframes should I get

TurboGTA

what subframes should I get that will fit with the THDP and what vendor has them--last time I tried to order them they were out of stock

I purchased Global West subframe connectors from John's Performance back in 2003. They are not "bolt on" and had to be welded. Additionally, my Action Fab 3" downpipe had to be sectioned to get the necessary clearance. This will probably be the case with any downpipe/subframe connector setup.

TurboGTA said:
what subframes should I get that will fit with the THDP and what vendor has them--last time I tried to order them they were out of stock

With the Spohn's, the tubing bends up toward the base of the floor pan at the cat area, unlike most I've seen which keep hugging the pinch panel the entire length. It clears the stock setup easily, can't speak for the THDP.

I don't think any will work that doesn't require a little mod to the THDP. I had Global West and had to take about an 1" or so off the THDP. Why it flares out so much is anybody's guess. But after that little mod, no problems.

I have SSM's (SouthSide Machine) on mine with a THDP. When we put the connectors on, we "thinned out" the front of the passenger side one a bit for clearence. If I remember right, we took about ½ the height out for about 3-4" and reboxed them.

I have SSM frame connectors on mine. To me they are the best cause they run along the underside of the car and can be used to jack the car up vs the tube style which bolt in & its tough finding a place to lift the car.