what size/type fitting to attach FP sender..

Romulus

Guys, I'm trying to figure out where and how to attach the sender of my electic autometer FP gauge.. The directions say to not attach it directly to the fuel rail, but I don't see how that could be a problem. Anyhow, shouldn't I need a female to male connector to attach on the end of the fuel rail, past the regulator? I did a search and found other people doing this, but no one mentioned what size (earl's or aeroquip) is needed.. Thanks for the help - Josh

John's performance sells the part that you need, it's a fuel rail
tee valve(part#0206). Look in the fuel system section on his
website, the part cost $15. HTH.

James

The Scraeder fitting at the fp regulator is a 4 AN thread. I had a steel braided line made so I could remote mount my electric sending unit from there. Helps to keep the weight of the unit off the rail and extends the sending units and rails life through a reduction in vibration. (Possible vibration is why my instructions suggested remote mounting.)

The T from John's is a good idea, but only needed if you want to keep the Shraeder fitting available for injector cleaning, emptying your gas tank through or temporary manual gauge installations. It just T's this so you can have your cake and eat it too.