what size slick? Rim?

v6turbojunkie

Alright I need help stuffing some slicks under this car.

Right now I have Centerline Telstars, 15X8 -4"BS.
The frame on the GN is not notched and the inner lip hasn't yet been rolled.
I have a low ten second combo and will run TSM in 2005 so I need to consider the rules on tires and frame notching. I also am willing to buy another set of telstars if necessary.
Today I borrowed a slick and rim from a buddy's car to see about the fit. It was a Hoosier 29X10 on a wheel with 4.5" BS. I know the diameter is too large but I just wanted to see. I believe that even if the frame was notched this wheel wouldn't fit. Plus it was very close to sticking out the side of the car!
Not crazy about Hoosiers and their soft, bulging sidewalls.
Am leaning towards Goodyears.

Let er rip guys!

I know a 26x10.5x15 ET street will fit on that rim with no problems,Even with my 1.5" lowering springs.

I borrowed some tires and did some experiments.

Rims- 15X8 4"BS

Hoosier 28X10 rub like crazy on the frame
Goodyear 28X10 clear frame by half an inch.

Couldn't find any M/T to try but the 28X10's spec out almost identical to the GY.

The guys at Harlow's in Michigan said the Hoosiers have slightly more sidewall bulge and their compound is too soft for a 3600 pound car. But Hoosier is supposed to be switching to a harder compound.

I bought the Goodyears and don't think I'll need to notch the frame rails but will have to roll the fender lip. If anyone would like to see some pics just let me know.

Originally posted by v6turbojunkie
I borrowed some tires and did some experiments.

Rims- 15X8 4"BS

Hoosier 28X10 rub like crazy on the frame
Goodyear 28X10 clear frame by half an inch.

Couldn't find any M/T to try but the 28X10's spec out almost identical to the GY.

The guys at Harlow's in Michigan said the Hoosiers have slightly more sidewall bulge and their compound is too soft for a 3600 pound car. But Hoosier is supposed to be switching to a harder compound.

I bought the Goodyears and don't think I'll need to notch the frame rails but will have to roll the fender lip. If anyone would like to see some pics just let me know.

i would diffently like to see some :D