What should my next upgrade be?

ok my rpm was at 1500... Is that the stock converter stall? come to think about it the converter they gave me looked new!

ok my rpm was at 1500... Is that the stock converter stall? come to think about it the converter they gave me looked new!
With a 1500RPm converter an TA33 . . . . unless you run it on juice, there is no way there is no lag.
Ok, . . . in my book:rolleyes:, lag is defined as : Car getting to full boost longer than 1 - 1.5 seconds after you mash the throttle.

What "they" did is give you a "std Chebby" type converter.
If I recall . . . . the stock converter should stall around 2200 rpm.
TA33 works best with a true 2800 rpm on a HA.
Best bet . . . contact one of the vendors on this board if you decide to change the converter.

PTC all the way for converter. my TA-54 went from 0 psi to 30psi under 1.5

ok in that case it does lag, and i called and they replaced the stock conv. Whats the pricing on the converter from PTC and thats a 2800 stall? I ordered the powerlogger its on the way. Also @brent you said go turbo then intake! would it be cool to go the other way, intake first? because the TA33 barely have any miles on it. I also talk to someone from Gbody and the told to go with a TA-44 with a 2800 stall...

you can do the intake first for sure. You wont take full advantage of the intake till you get a bigger turbo on the car IMOP.

whats your E.T goal with this car?

yes, dusty 256-303-5387

Can't wait to see how far you can push that Ta-33

yes, dusty 256-303-5387

Can't wait to see how far you can push that Ta-33

Brent- we already know the answer to this- 12.1. I am at 12.6 and the only this stopping me is a transmission issue on second/ third shift. I am simply to damm broke to bother fixing it since all I do now is cruise. My 2 cents. Brad

^ reason i said that is because he wants mid 11's. Just don't see that happening with the Ta-33, but i like to see people push the limits.

o ok and yea imma put a bigger turbo on just didnt want to right away since that ta 33 havent been on long

Just finished up some quick/rough calcs. On a HA, at 19 PSI / 93 /alky, stock cam, ported heads/intake you need a turbo that can supply about 47lb/hr air.
TA33 compressor wheel is maxed at 50. Converter locked, you should be able to go 111mph. That with a GREAT launch should break into the 11’s.
With race gas and a great tune, 114 mph ( 11.65 sec)