What should fuel pressure read ?

Mrneg9

Get Some !
Running 42 injectors with tt chip. Have bigger fuel pump and hot wire kit. Also have fuel pressure gauge on rail. I've been running a Bosch fuel pressure regulator that is one up from stock. Recently bought an adjustable one and was wondering what the best way to set it up to get the right pressure I need. Is there a link for this out there? Thanks guys.

That's what I wanted to know. I checked at one time when I switched the fpr the first time. I was also told to keep an eye on the scanmaster. A guy told me it should read around 700 to 800 at wot and if it goes below 600 you need more fuel ? Does this sound familiar ?

That's what I wanted to know. I checked at one time when I switched the fpr the first time. I was also told to keep an eye on the scanmaster. A guy told me it should read around 700 to 800 at wot and if it goes below 600 you need more fuel ? Does this sound familiar ?
Yes but you want the o2s to be around 770to 800.. The higher the number the richer it is top of 3rd is where it is the most important. Watch for knock if u get little either add more fuel with the TT chip or raise the alky to the knock goes away.

I'm going to start at 43 and take it from there. Just wanted a basic starting point. Thanks guys.

Yes that is true.. But it usually around 43lb line off on most TT chips right? That is what the op has. If I am wrong please correct me.
You are correct. Unable to see the sig on the phone app.
It is also important to verify the gauge, especially the "cheesy" ones typically found on the rail. lol.

You are correct. Unable to see the sig on the phone app.
It is also important to verify the gauge, especially the "cheesy" ones typically found on the rail. lol.[/QUOTE]

Just replaced mine, it was reading "zero" for about a week.

Last edited:
Was actually just looking at mine today too, old rattling thing. Might just put an electric sender in its place and get an gauge for the interior so I can monitor it when required and not only when parked. Anyone know what the thread pitch should be?

Running 42 injectors with tt chip. Have bigger fuel pump and hot wire kit. Also have fuel pressure gauge on rail. I've been running a Bosch fuel pressure regulator that is one up from stock. Recently bought an adjustable one and was wondering what the best way to set it up to get the right pressure I need. Is there a link for this out there? Thanks guys.

Engine off, fuel pump running, set at what chip manufacturer recommends, usually 43#.

Was actually just looking at mine today too, old rattling thing. Might just put an electric sender in its place and get an gauge for the interior so I can monitor it when required and not only when parked. Anyone know what the thread pitch should be?
Rail is -4, most gauges need -4AN to 1/8"NPT adapter

Last edited:
He meant to say if it's 600 wot plan on rebuilding your engine cause it just leaned out.

Just buy a wideband so there is know guessing. Tuning blind without one.

Joe

I have the Autometer electric gauge. I think it is around $200. Well worth it IMO. Be sure you use the sealing paste (not the white tape) or it will leak at the rail. Mine was on there several years and just started leaking last week.