What shifter positon do you start in?

I've heard there are some TRs that run in the sixes that show up every now and then, but I haven't seen em. Then again, I've only been the past two Fridays. Lot of ricers.... :rolleyes: but a lot of domestic cars too.

I've heard about line pressure a lot, too. Line presure is less in drive and OD than 1st and 2nd. If the line pressure "isn't enough" damage can occur. Somebody is kinding themselves if they think manually shifting their trans from 1-2 or 2-3 is doing it or the rest of their car any favors. For a car running 8's in the 1/8th mile will the extra line pressure really matter?

Is high line pressure more important than missing a shift, over shifting into OD or neutral? Somebody will need to prove that one to me.

"Is high line pressure more important than missing a shift, over shifting into OD or neutral? Somebody will need to prove that one to me."

I understand what you trying to say and I agree but it just takes some practice. That’s all. :) I have about 35 passes on my car and I still don't have everything down pack yet. I HAVE missed a shift, but I've learned from it and can guarantee it WILL NOT happen again.

Practice...

I don't think anybody should ever race their car in OD but oh well.

I'm done here.
:)

My track procedure:

-Clean the [street] tires briefly..

-Make sure its in Drive..

-Flip the TCC lockup switch

-Stage, PB a little, and launch in D..

-Immediately after traps, bump it into OD and unlock TCC

-Head for the timeshack... (only to be depressed :)